Sunday, June 7, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #73

Can you believe the kids only have two more weeks of school. Wow this year went by so fast and it was a very smooth year too. Got to love that. Anyway it is Monday and it is time for another sketch challenge. I received so many personal comments to continue the sketches so I sure hope we have a few more players, lol! I do enjoy doing the sketches either way but it sure would be even more fun if I had more players. I really like this week's sketch. I even made two cards right away. Here is the sketch....



My first card is a really bright masculine birthday card. I can not believe that this set did not make the new catalog. We really need more masculine sets. The good news is you can still get it until the end of this month. It is called Many Mower. I am on a mission to use all in color card stock and dp this month so that I don't have tons left when the new catalog starts. This is from the Good Morning Sunshine pack.


Stamps: And Many Mower
Ink: Basic Black
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun, Pacific Blue, Whisper White and Good Morning Sunshine dp
Other: Nestabilities, faux brads, markers, gel pen

Next is a girl baby card. This set is not retiring but the dp is. I used the Raspberry Tart dp. Another one I will miss. Love these colors.



Stamps: Last years sab set, Nursery Necessities,
Ink: Real Red, Basic Black, Rose Red
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Real Red, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Raspberry Tart dp
Other: Wide red ribbon, scallop circle punch, nestabilities, faux brads

If you chose to play along please remember to come on back and leave a link on Mister Linky below. I would love to see what you create. If uploading on line please use the key words--TSSC73.

Hope you have a fabulous day!

Mary Jo

Please leave a DIRECT LINK only!


12 nice people left a comment:

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards!! Mine are ready to go. Can you believe we have already been OUT of school for 2 weeks now?

Anonymous said...

not sure why but I can't see the sketch. I see the 2 samples just fine.

-- dalis

Jan Webb (Aloha Jan) said...

I really like this sketch!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great cards MJ - way to going using up all your In Color before it retires!

Maria Matter said...

I really like working with this sketch! It's one I'll use again!

Brilliant cards Mary Jo!
blessings, Maria

carol o. said...

Hi MJ, I really like the sketch this week. I also really like Mr. Linky. This is a GREAT app. I lvoe how it opens the links in another window so I can just close them without losing my original page. I SOOO often forget that I am in a window I need to go back to instead of closing it. Or, I have to page back SOOO many pages to find the original site. Thanks for using Mr. Linky.

MelissaS said...

I love your baby girl card! What a nice change from the usual pink color combo :)

I finally had time to tackle this great sketch this week. Thanks for sharing!

Beverly G said...

Mary Jo-hope you get more players. I enjoy your site-have been lurking longer than playing-would hate to lose you. Hope my card is not to much of a copy cat.
Thanks,
Beverly Gotthardt

Nancy Dawson said...

Your sketches are so fun and hope to get a chance to use this one today. I save them all for future reference. TFS your talent!

bonnie32002 said...

I just squeaked in this sketch before I head out for the weekend.

I advertised for more players on my blog. I appreciate the time you take to make these.

Danni said...

This sketch was so much fun!! I am glad that you are going to continue these. I don't always get to play but I love your sketches!

Kerry D-C said...

I love this sketch and will definitely have to give it a go. Time time time!