Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where are you from?


Thanks for coming by today!
I hope that you enjoy this week's challenge thought up by Elena!

Where are you from?

From Elena: make a card that will represent the city, state or country where you live. (or where you were born/raised) For example, I live in WI, so I can use cheese, mouse, cows images on my card. If you are from Florida you can make a card using Disney images....etc...

This was such a fun challenge I hope you will play along. Hope over to Kerry's Blog and see what the rest of the team did and start thinking of what you want to do for your card.

Here is mine, I live in Orchard Park, NY which is right by Buffalo NY. We are know for our SNOW and to be the City of Good Neighbors. Hence the snowmen welcoming you to the neighboorhood. I love this layout too. It was from the CPS site. I just found them and they have lots of great sketches.



The snowmen on this card are from a brand new hostess set that will be available July 1st.

Stamps: The More The Merrier and Right at Home
Paper: Basic Grey, Baja Breeze, Whisper White scrap of DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Copics, Nestabilities, Photo Corner Punch, Cuttlebug

Hope you play along, this one was EXTRA fun!

MaryJ

8 nice people left a comment:

Ida said...

Very Cute but Brrrr (to soon to be thinking about snow) - Great job with your card.

Sue from Oregon said...

What cute snowmen! Can't wait to see my new catalog!

Pam said...

Aw, sweet card! Nice job getting the wintry feel. We're going to need some "winter" to offset the summer heat!

Kerry D-C said...

Such a cute and clever card! AS soon as I saw it I said Buffalo=Snow! LOL! great layout too!

Leonie Schroder said...

feelin a bit like those snowmen lol actually its not that cold ;) love the card Mary Jo

Elena said...

I am so glad that you played this challenge, Mary Jo! Now I know more about place where you live! Love your cute snowmen!

Unknown said...

What a super cute card!!! Love the snowmen!!

Jeanne Nielsen said...

Cute card! I should tell you that my husband is from Jamestown NY and I'm from near Cooperstown NY so I know exactly where you're located! You must be a huge Bills fan then!