Thursday, June 18, 2009

It's Three Cloves Thursday

I thought Kerry was our friend but now I wonder, lol. What the heck! Is she crazy or something? I think someone better check in wither her to be sure she has not completely lost it. She asked us to make a card with NO layers this week. That's right NO, NODA, ZIPPO, ZERO --you get the point she said "one piece of folded card stock and that is it! Well, I have to admit that I restarted mine three times because of smudges on the white paper. And as much as I love Whisper White card stock it is NOT made for one layer cards. The drawn on photo corners are to cover the smudges on this one, lol. As are the brads! Made me limited on choices I could only used stuff that would cover my mistakes. You can not see from the photo but it is also embossed with the swiss dot Cuttlebug Folder around the circle. I laid the paper on the folder and used my bone folder to rub around the oval so I could have the rest of the card embossed. The good part about this card is the darling images. These are some of the new releases from SUINK! The set is called You're a Hoot! and it is adorable. So after all that here is my card.



Supplies: You're A Hoot (SUINK)
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: Copics, Ribbon, Faux brads, Cuttlebug Embossing folder, Nestabilities for stencil.


I may have to try it again and see if I can make a card that I would actually send someone. This one has the Copic markers showing through and the black ribbon shows on the inside which is the one thing that makes me crazy! I do not like any of my embelishments to show inside, especially brads and stitching--hence the layers.

Here is more details on the Challenge. Why not play along. It really wasn't THAT bad!

Click here to play along --let's show Kerry that she can't scare us away!

See ya later, have a fabulously blessed and relaxing day!
Mary Jo

7 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great job with this weeks challenge. Beautiful coloring of your images and your drawn on photo corners!

Elena said...

I think this card is so cute! I really love the frame you created! You did wonderful!

Sharon Caudle said...

this is just too cute, MJ! Love those images and it was very creative of you to draw on photo corners to cover smudges! VERY smart!! Fantastic no layer card!

Ida said...

Mary-Jo this is cute. What I really love besides that adorable owl image is the fact that you admitted to a few "minor" problems. You should have seen the pile of card stock I threw in the scrap pile trying to do my card too.

Basement Stamper said...

he he!!! You did a great job at covering up the little ouchies on this card. Love this image!

rozie640 said...

OMG, this is fantastic, hard to believe from the photo that it is only one layer. You did an amazing job. I'll check out the other players. Great job!

Kristen said...

Great card MJ, you rocked this challenge