Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Our Wedding--a simple layout

The Latenightstamper's group weekly challenge is to use embossing--any type of embossing. And the monthly DT challenge is to make scrapbook pages so, you guessed it, I combined the two. I used both dry embossing with the embossing plates and heat embossing on the little white elements. Other than that this is an extremely simple layout but I really like it. The sentiments say it all. It was 12 years ago that I married my husband and we have been through alot together--good and bad, but we have kept it together because of the promise made.

Here is a close up of the embossing


I am so enjoying scrapbooking again! I didn't realize how much I missed it.

Stamps: Soon to be retired--To Have and To Hold
Paper: Soon to be retired Bella Birds DP and Pink Pirouette along with Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: circle punches, scallop circle punch, tag corner punch, ribbon, markers, embossing plates, sizzix, pretties kit

Hope you have a great day! I will be back later with a mini book I made for my son and his father to use this summer. Very cute.

Mary Jo

4 nice people left a comment:

Sarah said...

Beautiful couple, beautiful lay out.

Leonie Schroder said...

love the simplicity of this layout MaryJo. I prefer the simpler layouts so it doesnt detract from the photo's and what the page is for ;0)

Michele Kovack said...

Very pretty page! Love the embossing!

Tammy Q Howell said...

The layout is great and the colors are wonderful. I love browns with anything.