Thursday, October 11, 2007

Blogger Challenge: Week 16: Ornaments

I can not wait to see all the other ornaments that the rest of the group made.. This is such a fun challenge. I created this big 12 x 12 snowflake ornament. It was quite fun to do and I actually did a tutorial for you too! You will find that in the previous post. I used the Wintergreen designer series paper, scallop circle punch, cording, Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive and beads. You can not really see the little scallop ornament with the beads hanging off if you don't look close. So go ahead and look close! Not at the background mess though.




Don't forget to look at my side bar to find the links to all the other players. This should be a fun one. Thanks for stopping by today.

13 nice people left a comment:

Stefanie said...

Very cool MJ! What a beautiful ornament and such a great use of the double sided paper. Thanks so much for posting a tutorial.

Donna Baker said...

WOW!~ this is quite lovely! thanks for the tutorial!

Pat Huntoon said...

Lovely ornament, great tutorial.

Ida said...

Mary Jo - You blow me away with your creativity! This is stunning.

Lori said...

Wow--this is fantastic! Thanks for sharing your detailed directions.

Lisa Bohler said...

AWESOME! Our 5th and 6th grade teacher did these with his students for art and now I know how to do them...thanks to you! Just beautiful!

Lisa

Connie Babbert said...

These are AWESOME, MJ! Great job!

I did finally get you added to my Blog list, too!

Connie

Anonymous said...

Great ornament--and thanks for the tutorial too!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! This is amazing!! AND, would you look at that peek of your craft area -- FUN!! =)

Cheryl said...

This is a great ornament. I am working on it now. TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ornament!!! I may have to try it with my three oldest grandkids;o) They love making unique things.

Your music was a blessing to me as I looked at your site. It is great to hear the music that reinforces the true meaning of celebrating Christmas.

Thank you.
Sunflower

Cheryl said...

Mary Jo, I left a comment before but that was before I tried this. What a wonderful project. I have just finished my second Snowflake. I don't have a stapler that I can use to put each section together and decided on using a brad. Works just fine!

Anonymous said...

just wanted to know if you was aware that someone else has this same snowflake posted on http://www.instructables.com/id/Super-cool-easy-6-pointed-snowflake/