Saturday, October 6, 2007

Inspiration Challenge on SCS



What, another challenge?? This one is different. You are to use this bedding as your inspiration. By the way, I would love this bedding for my bedroom. It is so crisp and clean looking and the colors are so soft makes me want to climb right in. But since I have a bed that is not even made yet and the covers and all are all over the place I created this card instead..........








I still have lots of left overs from the retired Simply Scrappin kit that we could earn for free during SAB this year and since the colors matched the inspiration piece I decided to use it. I also used this card from Claudia Perry's Blog as my layout inspiration. I loved the pierced dots going over to the ovals and the Happy Birthday. Thanks Claudia.

The base of my card is Regal Rose with a piece of the stripe paper from the retired Just Delightful scrappin kit. I punched the large oval out of the bottom of the designer paper and used my paper piercer and mat pack to make the lines of holes leading to the words. Next I stamped Happy Birthday from Fun and Fast Notes in Regal Rose on Whisper White and cut it out with my small oval punch. I made little dots around the oval with my Bashful Blue marker. This is attached inside the larger oval so that you can see the Regal Rose paper showing between the pieces. The focal image is on Whisper White. I stamped the swirls from Season of Joy in Bashful Blue on one side. Then I added two leaves from In the Spotlight in Certainly Celery. Next I stamped -- and many more from the retired Cute Converse set in Regal rose. I used my paper piercer to add interest to the two corners. The large flower is also from the In the Spotlight set and is stamped in Bashful Blue on Whisper White. I punched it out with the 5- petal punch, layered it on Bashful Blue card stock and added a rhinestone brad to the center. This is popped up on dimentionals The little flowers are stickers from the scrappin kit. I layered the whole piece on a piece of Certainly Celery card stock that has a strip of Bashful Blue that has been punched with the retired square steps punch. Hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by today--enjoy your weekend.

2 nice people left a comment:

rozie640 said...

That is such a soft, sweet birthday card!!! Love how clean it looks just like that beautiful "made up" bed. I've got a ton of that stuff left over too, and desperately need some birthday cards!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Claudia Perry said...

Wow - I love your card! I think the striped background refelects the texture in the bedding very good. Nice soft colors as well! And I am very honored that you got the inspiration from my blog ;-)
Claudia