Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Shaking it up baby.

Here is this weeks sketch challenge on Splitcoaststampers. I have been wanting to do this shaker card since I got this set but did not have time. I thought this would be perfect for this sketch.




Mark and then embossed in Black. Next I came in with my The base of the card is Night of Navy. I layered a piece of Whisper White on top that has snowflakes from the Snow Burst set stamped on it. The little snowflakes are stamped in two generations of Bashful Blue (I just stamped twice before re-inking) and the large snowflake is stamped in Night of Navy. The strip coming from top to bottom on the card is Whisper White that has the snowflakes stamped in Versa Mark ink and again in Night of Navy. I brayered over it with Bashful Blue ink. This is layered on top of a slightly larger piece of Night of Navy that has dots along the edge that were made with my gel pen. The main image from the Big on Christmas set is stamped in VersaVersa Marker and I colored in the letters (not perfectly because I wanted some of the blue to show through) and embossed with white embossing powder. Next I stamped the snowflakes in Versa Mark and embossed with Iridescent Ice embossing powder. I brayered over the entire piece with Bashful Blue. The hat is colored in with markers and clear embossed over the top. If you click on the close up of the shaker it will give you details on how I made the shaker. The words are from the So Many Sayings set. It was stamped in Black with the small snowflakes stamped behind in a second generation of Bashful Blue (stamped off on scrap paper) on Whisper White. I cut notches with my ticket corner punch. Layered it on Night of Navy which is also punched with the ticket corner punch.

6 nice people left a comment:

Catherine said...

Love, love, love it =)
This I have to CASE'd.

Carol said...

Such a cute card and great idea to add the shaker! This set was perfect for the sketch.

Juliana said...

What a cute cute card!! Very well done!!

BTW--I like your blog and your music!!

rozie640 said...

Absolutely adorable, love that little snowman!

StampingJoan said...

This is too cute! I love this set and I think I will have to cave in and get it!

Anonymous said...

Hi
I just happened by your blog. I LOVE the snowman! So cute! I think you just made it possible for this set to sell out!!LOL!

Jessica_k@comcast.net