Thursday, October 4, 2007

Kerry's Wednesday Challenge

The challenge:

Use the sketch below to create a Fall themed card. Card should be square. dimensions are up to you. (posted by Kerry D.) Thanks for the great sketch Kerry!




My card:





This was a great sketch to use up some of those designer series paper scraps that I can not stand to waste! I know you have a bunch too, so why not try this sketch. My scraps are from the Apple Cider, Creepy Crawly and retired Spring Showers paper. The base of the card is Really Rust. Then there is a layer of the circle designer paper from the Apple Cider pack. Next is a strip of Pumpkin Pie that has the Aida Cloth background embossed in Really Rust embossing powder. I added three brown brads to the top of this piece and three small acorns that are stamped on Close to Cocoa and embossed with Black embossing powder and then cut out. The stripe paper is from the Creepy Crawly collection and is layered on top of that distressed Chocolate paper from the Spring Showers collection. The focal image is done on More Mustard card stock. The pumpkins from Autumn Harvest have been embossed in black on the circle paper and then cut out and attached to the More Mustard piece. Before attaching the pumpkins I stamped the long leaf stamp from the retired Art of Life set in More Mustard and then added the words from Loads of Love Accessories in black. The small pumpkin is popped up with dimentionals. And of course I had to use my paper piercer in the corner. No card is complete with out using this tool!

1 nice people left a comment:

rozie640 said...

You are just amazing me. This card is TOO CUTE! I love every single element. It's just overall AWESOME, love those polka dotted pumpkins!