Friday, October 5, 2007

Bloggers Challenge Week 15

OK, OK, I am so excited. I was just asked to join this wonderful group of stampers in their bloggers challenge group. This is a group of bloggers who all create the same challenge and post to their blogs on Fridays so you can see many different takes on the same idea! You may remember that I did one of these (maybe 2) a while back but I was not officially a member at the time. Just kind of jumping in un-invited, sorta. But that don't matter now cuz I am invited and I am a member! So I just found out this morning and thought, I better wait and jump in next week -- after all, I need to get back to work today. So as I grabbed my keys to leave, I somehow ended up in my studio and this is what I made. The challenge for the week is to make a card using Orange and Black. I fist thought about a Halloween cards and then thought-- No, that is too easy. So I thought a bit more and remember that I have a dear friend who needs some encouragement so I would make her a card using this challenge. This is the first time I used this stamp set and I love it. Here are the supplies used: All of the designer series paper is from the Creepy Crawly pack. I also used Pumpkin Pie and Basic Black card stock. I cut the ovals with my Coluzzle cutting system. I used the Pumpkin Pie and Old Olive markers to highlight words on the image and to color the leaves. My white gel pen was used to add the dots in between layers on the ovals. I also used my photo corners punch, white brads and lots and lots of dimentionals. Oh yea, the stamp set is Sidekick Sayings. Hope you like it.

By the way -- by the end of the weekend I will have a list of all the participants on my sidebar so that you can check out everyone's challenges. For right this moment please check out Lisa's blog for her sample and then use her sidebar for links to the rest of the group.

19 nice people left a comment:

Connie Babbert said...

Welcome to the group, Mary Jo! You did a WONDERFUL job on this challenge! No need to be nervous at all!

Connie

Lynn Mercurio said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn Mercurio said...

ok, I can't spell, and I hate spelling errors. Any who: This card is absolutely fabulous, and you did it in a hurry. I'm so impressed! **Lynn throws out the welcome mat**

I'm so happy you have joined the group.

Anonymous said...

This is WONDERFUL!! Welcome to the group! =) -Anna.

Vicki G said...

Awesome Awesome Card!!!! I am So excited about having you on our group!!!!!!!

Vicki

maggie fellow said...

Beautiful card and welcome to the group. I will have to move your blog from my visit anyway folder to the bloggers challenge folder :-)

Lisa Somerville said...

Welcome to the BC group Mary Jo - happy to have you on board! Great challenge card and with such limited notice!

My Paper World said...

This card is fab! The colours are gorgeous! I love it!

Julie Campbell said...

So glad to have you in the group! Great job jumping right in!

Basement Stamper said...

Welcome to the group Mary Jo and great card this week that you just "whipped" up!!!

Ida said...

Welcome Mary Jo! - You always have such wonderful cards. It's a pleasure to have you on board. Great job with this challenge too. Love the way you highlighted your sentiment on this card and the images you used. Ida

Karen said...

woohoo - welcome to the group MJ!! great card too - it is sure to brighten your friend's day!!

Lila H said...

Great work!!! I'm sure your boss will understand. Welcome to the group!! It's one of the best.

Sue Davis said...

Way to go MJ... but then, what else is new? YOu are such a fabulous stamper, that you'll be great. This is such an awesome group - you can do whatever you want... doesn't have to be SU, doesn't have to be current, and whatever you make... you get to keep it! Now, how cool is that?

Pat Huntoon said...

Great CArd, Mary Jo, Welcome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Mary Jo - great card. Looks like your having to much fun.

Your last couples look awesome. So what are we doing in All Occ. See ya Monday. TTFN, Laura

Stefanie said...

Welcome to the group Mary Jo! I love your card. The photo corners really frame the saying. I love the highlighting in the sentiment too.

Barbara said...

Welcome, MaryJo! Your cards are ALWAYS awsome...and this one is no exception! It's truly beautiful! You will be a fantastic addition to our "little" group!!

Lisa Bohler said...

Super cute! Love the photo corner accents! So glad that you are joining our challenge group! Welcome!