Friday, October 19, 2007

Photo Card -- Blogger's Challenge

This weeks challenge was "Inspired By". Well I was inspired -- as I often am -- by Diane over at Stamp With Diane. She had this brilliant idea for a hand made -- hand stamped photo card! I thought this was the best thing I have seen in a long time! So many people want to make home made cards but decide against it because they want a photo card. Well, here is the best of both worlds! How much more personal can your Christmas Cards get? My sample showcases a very old picture of my son. He was one at the time he is now seven. This was when he got his new puppy for Christmas! This is also the only year that we sent out photo cards because I always want to make them -- man am I excited about this year! Thanks Diane.




Here is the card shown closed.


This is a close up of the "card" part. So easy to work with, kind of like trading cards.
These will certainly be easy to whip out -- even if you change the image on every card you make. Did I tell you I love this idea!


This picture shows how the card opens.


Supplies used for the card. Real Red 12 x 12 textured card stock is used for the base. I also used Wild Wasabi, Summer Sun and Whisper White cards stock. The image is from the hostess set Perfect Presentation. I stamped it on the white, wasabi and real red and then cut it out and pieced it together. The star, saying and the swirl are all from the Season of Joy set from the Holiday mini. I also used a saying from Many Merry Messages on the inside. I kept it simple so that the picture will be the real focal point. Hope you enjoy. I am gonna have to figure out how to get one seven year old two dogs and a cat to sit still for pictures, lol.

19 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is such a cute photo card. I love the fold with space to write. Great inspiration piece!

Julie Campbell said...

Great idea! I love this design!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love this! Great use of the inspiration from your photo

Lisa Somerville said...

What a great idea - thanks for sharing Diane as your inspiration this week. The stamps you used for your "card" fit perfectly with your son's photo.

Stefanie said...

Great idea MJ and simple! That's what I need if I'm going to make Christmas cards. Thanks for pointing out Diane's blog.

Connie Babbert said...

Oh my gosh! What an awesome idea. I love the idea! I can think of many of my customers who will jump on this idea!

Connie

Diane said...

Awesome card, Mary Jo! And your son is adorable! I hope you have a blast sending out hand-stamped photo cards this year, though I see your point about it being a challenge to get your baby and all the furbabies to sit still for a photo -- LOL!

Oh, and thanks for the link to my blog!

Lisa Bohler said...

Oh! He's a cutie and what a GREAT idea!!! Super card!!!!

Basement Stamper said...

What a great idea that is!!! Hmmm, wonderful inspiration this week has me thinking ;-)

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great job! I love photo cards and making your own is so cool!

Ida said...

What a fun way to use a photo on a card. You did a great job matching up the colors in your photo (very adorable by the way) to you card.

Claudia Perry said...

What a great idea! Love it and will have to give it a try too.

Kerry D-C said...

Love this, MJ!
I particularly love how it can open to another message inside!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat job!
Hugs,
Kerry

Lori said...

What a great idea for showcasing a photo. Good luck capturing your family for a photo!

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS idea, Mary Jo and Diane!!! I have only stamped our Christmas cards once, because with our having young children, our friends and family expect a photo card! This is the PERFECT solution! Thanks for sharing! :)

Lila H said...

What a great and perfect idea for a card along with a holiday photo!!! Brilliant.

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

What a wonderful project!! Turned out perfectly!

Karen said...

looks great and so practical!! could have used this for last year's Christmas card - just sent out a picture of my kids. :)

rozie640 said...

Great idea MJ, I love the mutli colored tree!