Wednesday, October 17, 2007

One Sketch Two Cards



Feels good to be back in the studio creating. I have lots of thank you cards to make for all the people that helped me with the Crop Walk. Here are my first two. Both used the sketch above from Splitcoaststampers. Hope you like them.

This first card is so bright and cheery I just love it.




I used the Cutie Pie designer series paper along with Rose Red and Bashful Blue card stock. The first layer of paper that is on the Real Red card base is the polka dots. I stamped thanks from the retired Autumn Leaf Prints set in black randomly over the dots. Next is a piece of Bashful blue card stock that has a slight scallop edge on the top. I also cut the next layer of designer paper with the same scallop edge. I did not line them up perfect because I liked this look better. I added a strip of saffron strip of scallop sticker from the Friends and Family simply scrappin kit along the bottom of the designer paper. Then I did some paper piercing on the blue line along the bottom of the strip. The focal image from Sidekick Sayings is stamped on Whisper White and colored in with markers. I highlighted the words grateful and happy. Then it is layered on a piece of Rose Red card stock that has been paper pierced on both sides. I finished it off with more of the So Saffron sticker strip. The entire focal image is popped up on dimensionals. I love the colors.




This second card is done with the retired set Reverse Prints. I embossed the image with dark brown powder on River Rock. It is then layered on Old Olive and then Chocolate Chip. Other items used are the square steps punch, brown brads,the dry brush jumbo wheel, versa mark, and Simple Sayings II. Thanks for stopping by.

4 nice people left a comment:

Lorie said...

GREAT cards! I especially like the Cutie Pie card! :o)

Unknown said...

Very pretty cards, love your use of the cutie pie paper, but I love the other more neutral one too!
TFS

Anonymous said...

I will CASE these....wanted ideas for the DSP and these will definitely do! Maggi
mamin50@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I love them both! Especially the Cutie Pie DSP.