Friday, October 26, 2007

Blogger's Challenge

Wow! It has been 5 days since my last post. Sorry about that but I am sure you all know how it is when life gets busy. That is my longest break yet. Anyway, this weeks challenge comes at a perfect time. We have been challenged to use designer paper and during November Stampin Up! is offering a great special on their designer paper so get your orders ready -- and call me, lol! I created a pretty large Christmas decoration for my craft room. I hope you like it. I had a really hard time with the picture, I should have set it up better and cleaned up around it but was in a rush so this is what I got.






This is a close up of the top of the tree.




All of the designer paper used is from the Winter Brights Simply Scrappin kit. I also used Real Red, Bashful Blue and Wild Wasabi card stock to alternate. The garland and ornaments have been in my craft room for years -- nice to finally use them. As was the paper tree I started with. All of the papers are just folded in a loose loop and stapled together before attaching to the form. This project is usually done with a Styrofoam cone which would have been much easier because you could just use pins to adhere the paper loops. This took about 7 different adhesives, lol! There were a lot of uneven areas on the tree as it was really textured to start with.


Here is a link for where I got the idea. I did not use these cones though. My tree is two and a half feet hight!

18 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Bohler said...

Fabulous project!!! WOW! What time that you put into this, too!

Terri Capobianco said...

Gorgeous, MJ...I have always wanted to do this; I'll be stocking up on paper in November!

Connie Babbert said...

My thought is to do one of these trees at the retreat I'm going to next weekend! I love yours... Great job with the challenge!

Oh...I'm trying to figure out how your stamp sets are hanging on the wall???

Connie
http://inkspiredtreasures.blogspot.com

Vicki G said...

Now this project Rocks Mary-Jo!!!!!

Oh my gosh, it's the best!!!!!

Vicki

rozie640 said...

That is awesome Mary Jo. I'm gonna have to email you with a quesiton or two. That may be the family tree this year!

Lisa Somerville said...

Fabulous use of the DSP Mary Jo! Makes a great project.

Basement Stamper said...

Wow girl!!! You really outdid yourself this week and it shows! That tree is amazing!

Ida said...

Super cool! - Great idea but way to much work for me right now. Nice job though & so colorful and festive.

Cyndee Rust said...

Oh no you did not!!! Mary Jo...how awesome are you?! Simply fabulous! :-)

Stefanie said...

Wow MJ, that is impressive! I can't imagine how much time your tree took, but it is definitely worth it. Beautiful!

You're going to have to tell us how you stick your stamp sets to the wall. And maybe share some more pics of your stamping room. ;)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Holy cow, Mary Jo...this totally ROCKS! Such a great project for designer paper.

Amy Caraluzzi said...

What a stunner! Fantastic work...wow, that really must have taken a lot of DSP! GREAT JOB!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tree; I know this took a while to make.

Nancy Riley said...

Incredibly CREATIVE!!!! Love love love it! Thanks for sharing!!!

Lori said...

Wow! What a fun holiday decoration! Looks great.

Claudia Perry said...

What an awesome project! Love it!
Claudia

Pat Huntoon said...

Very cute, Mary Jo!

Lauren (mytime) said...

MJ Love your tree! I want to try it for the longest time! Some day
I especially love the Chrisitan music that plays when I visit :D