Friday, October 19, 2007

In Everything Give Thanks.

Today's Splitcoaststamper Limited Supply Challenge was to create a fast and elegant card using only the following supplies.

Stamps
one floral image (stamped once or generation stamping - repeated stamping without re-inking)
one swirly type stamp
sentiment (optional)

Paper
solid or patterned paper
limit your layers

Embellishments
ribbon

Quick Tools (Optional)
punches
sponges
paper piercer
Cuttlebug for dry embossing





I decided to cut a window in the front of the card. The base of the card is Sky Blue textured card stock. I cut a square window in the front of the card and stamped the swirl from Season of Joy on all four sides in Blue Bayou. I added little hand drawn doodles around the window with a black marker. The words are from Absolutely Fabulous and are stamped in Blue Bayou. I added a line of pierced holes from the word over toward the other side. The wide ribbon has been in my stash for years! No clue where it is from. On the inside of the card Is a layer of Whisper White that I stamped the flowers from the retired set Happy Harmony in Blue Bayou and the saying -- In Everything Give Thanks -- in black. One more thank you card done!

1 nice people left a comment:

Heather Grow said...

I love how you used a window. Very nice card.