Friday, October 17, 2008

Blogger's Challenge 69 MoJo Stye!

Week 69 of the Blogger's Challenges was to use the colors, Old Olive, Riding Hood Red and Really Rust along with a white or confetti if we wanted. And I did want--mostly because I was making this a 6 x6 square card and that was the only one of the colors that I had in 12 x 12 so I really had no other option if I was going to stay true to the color challenge. At first I did not think I was going to like these colors but after playing around a bit this morning I realized they are perfect for a nice fall card. So as I was thinking about layout I seen the MoJo Monday sketch printed out on my desk and thought - yep, that is it. I just had to change the sketch to a square card and the rest just fell together easy! I actually like it. What do you think of the colors?



HERE is Julee's post and her original sketch. She always has such fun sketches!

The leaves are inked in Old Olive and then I used the Rock and Roll technique on the edges with Riding Hood Red and before stamping I added the Thumping Technique with Really Rust! Both techniques can be found in Pat's Technique Junkies Newsletters.

Here is what I used:

Stamps: Retired Autumn Leaf Prints and the new Hostess Set Best Yet
Paper: Confetti White, Old Olive, Really Rust, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White card stock and a piece of Really Rust dp from the Fall Flowers collection.
Ink: Old Olive, Really Rust and Riding Hood Red
Other: sponges, markers, nestabilities, scallop circle punch 1 12/ inche circle punch, pearls and Old Olive twill ribbon.

I will be back soon with some more player's for my Monday Luchtime Sketch Challenge #39!

23 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Beautiful Mary Jo. Stunning design layout and your leaves are a perfect example of the loveliness of the season! Awesome job.

Nikki Bond said...

Stunning! Love the fall direction you took with these colors! Perfectly done! {SMILES}

Pat Huntoon said...

That is so stunningly beautiful! WOW, MJ!

Lisa Martz said...

Stunning card! Love the layout...aren't the Mojo layouts the best!? Very nice!

MelissaS said...

I love this card. The colors are great for those leaves! And I adore the pearls you added all over :) Nice job!

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous! I love all your accents and special touches. You did a superb job on this!

Patti Chesky said...

This is stunning. I love the layout, the stamp set (should've bought that one before it retired) and the pearls!!

Barb Hardeman said...

OMG! This card is so stunning! What a beautiful job you did and the pearls!! I love the pearls!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Great job! I love the sketch you used and the extras you added like the tiny pearls. Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the layout and the pearls

Chrissy D said...

Mary Jo- this is LOVELY!So pretty! Love the sketch and pearls! TFS!

Kristen said...

MJ, I love this. Your layout is awesome. YOur elements are perfect. I hope you don;t mind if I give this layout a try. Great card!

Kerry D-C said...

Just GORGEOUS!

Selene Kempton said...

This is so pretty! I love the beads going all the way around! All the little details! Wow! Great Job!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning MJ! Love the pearls!

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

i love your layout!!! you won't believe this...but i did the same exact thing with my leaves on my card....great minds think alike!!! I had thumping on the brain since my club girls just learned it this month! great card!

Ida said...

Oh WOW! This is gorgeous.Great layout. Love the pearl accents. I see that I am not the only one who used this same set to create a Fall themed card.

Lori said...

Gorgeous! I love how you adjusted the sketch to fit your square card. The pearls are so elegant, too.

Anonymous said...

OMG, what a stunningly beautiful card. Great job with this one!

:) Marcia

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous Mary Jo! I just love all the pearls! Beautifully done! :D

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is just gorgeous! Love all those beautiful pearls. Thanks so much for playing my challenge! :)

Kathryn said...

So pretty -- love all the little pearls and the colors are gorgeous! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love your card--all those pearls are so pretty!