Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Whatchadoing Wednesday? Challenge come on over and play!


Week number 8! This week's challenge is to create some type of Thanksgiving treat box. With the release today of two awesome Thanksgiving sets (Bountiful Harvest and Giving Thanks) I thought it would be fun for our design team to show you some creative ideas for your Thanksgiving table or just to give to your loved ones. I am sure they will have some really great samples and I can not wait to see them. We would love to have you play along! You do not need to use SUINK stamps but it really does make us happy when you do! Remember, no time limits, not real rules, just fun stamping. When you are done don't forget to show us what you did. You can leave a comment on this post with a link and we will come check them out. At the end of the week I will compile all the ideas and post them on the SUInk Blog for everyone to enjoy! Here is my sample...


I used stamps from both the Giving Thanks and Bountiful Blessing set to create this Thanksgiving Blessing Mix holder. If you click on the larger picture you can see the poem that explains all of the "stuff" in the mix. Each item represents something. I always loved this mix especially with the kids but it is often difficult to get that big poem on a tag or something that does not overpower the teat it self. I was quite happy with this idea and play to have one at each table setting on Thanksgiving day. Here is a close up of those adorable pilgrims! This will only be part of my table setting as I have a centerpiece and other things to show youPilgrams_close_2 too (but not today). After all the pilgrims need to have some Indians around to celebrate with! I colored the images with colored pencils and gamsol. I think they are just darling, don't you? Keep your eyes right here for more wonderful samples from the design team. As always I hope you have a Wonderfully Wicked Wednesday! Don't forget to check out all the new releases that are available NOW! You can see them all but looking the Storage Unit Ink & More store!

Check out the SUInk blog to see what the other girls are creating for this challenge! I am sure they will be all of the samples will be wonderful so you may need a cup of coffee before heading over, lol.


The details:

Stamps: Giving Thanks and Bountiful Blessings (SUInk)
Paper: Old Olive, More Mustard and Whisper White (SU)
Ink: Basic Black and Old Olive
Other: Computer for blessing mix poem. colored pencils and gamsol, Martha Stewart border punch, pillow box die (SU), designer label punch, acetate and of course the supplies of the mix.

3 nice people left a comment:

Unknown said...

I love this.. it's just a great idea and I love the fall colors and your coloring!

Bethany Paull said...

Gorgeous MJ. I love the cute little pilgrims up top.

Unknown said...

Very cute idea and the pilgrims look great on the top. Adorable Mary Jo!