Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Hot Cards! and more sketch players too.

Yesterday's technique lover's challenge #192 was napkin transfer, also know as Hot Card Technique. I learned this from the Technique Junkie Newsletter a few years ago. I really love this technique but don't do it often because I don't want to risk being caught with an iron in my hand, people might think I know how to use one and then my work load will increase which of course means a cut in stamping time so SHHHHHH. Basically the technique requires you to find some fancy decorative napkins and iron them to freezer paper then use them on your card. Here are the directions. Ironically as I was rearranging my stamp space on Sunday I found a box with leftovers from these two cards, I used them for a technique class and a shoe box swap quite a while ago so I figured now is as good a time as any to use up these leftovers. I got out the (you know what) and got to work. Here are the samples..




Stamps: Edgy Eloquence for sentiment
Paper: Real Red, Basic Black scrap retired dp
Ink: Real red
Accessories: marker, iron, freezer paper
Techniques: hot card, napkin transfer





Stamps: Roses in Winterfor sentiment
Paper: Bashful Blue, Ballet Blue, Basic Black
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: napkins, iron, freezer paper.


Such a fun technique, and it really feels like I got a TON done today -- I made 5 cards two of the margarita and three of the rose. No one needs to know they were alread designed and prepped, lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for more inspiration using this weeks
Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #41


Jane at Jane's Addiciton

Margaret at Fun Stampin with Margaret


Etha at Ethaschuette.com

and

Hetty at Craft Chaos

Still lots of time for you to play along too! What are you waiting for, clik on the link at the top of this post to see the original post and get stampin. Don't forget to leave a comment with a link so I can share it on here! Have a great day!





1 nice people left a comment:

Basement Stamper said...

those were the shoebox swaps for the Cape!!! I loved the Margarita one and I pathetically still have almost all of my swaps in a box.