Friday, October 10, 2008

Rock On Limited Supply Challenge and another sketch player too!

So do you think you can use too much bling on a card?? I have mixed emotions. Today's Limited Supply Challenge on SCS was called Rock, Paper, Scissors. Here are the details.


Today we are sticking with the basics: paper and ink, with an added element.
“Rock, Paper, Scissors” is our Limited Supplies Challenge for this week.
You may use any stamps with any theme, and any coloring tools.


* ROCK: Only embellishments that are gems, such as pearls and rhinestones – anything with sparkle or bling! Rock can ALSO mean anything metal, as in hardware!

* PAPER: Any kind of paper, including designer and patterned papers. Bonus points for metallic papers that would also fit in with ROCK (silver, gold, copper, garnet, sapphire, etc.)! (For those new to the challenges, “Bonus Points” are really non-existent points – there is no contest, just give yourself an extra pat on the back!)

* SCISSORS: Only decorative scissors and straight cut paper cutters. No Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Big Shot, punches, etc.

Here is my sample. I love the brushed silver with the Pacific Point card stock. Beautiful together.


Here are the details.

Stamps: Snow Swirled
Paper: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Brushed Silver and Whisper White
Ink: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Encore Silver
Accessories: lots of "rocks" metallic silver gel pen

_______________________________________________________________


And now another card share with this week's sketch challenge!

Sara at Stampin' with Sara

Thanks so much for playing along Sara.


6 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite stamp sets. I love how you used it. Thanks for sharing.

Carol Parcell said...

Love seeing this set used without the tree for a very different look.

Also want to tell you how much I enjoy the music you have on your blog. I love hearing some of my favorite songs when I am reading your blog. Thanks so much!

Stacy said...

Mary Jo, that is breathtaking! I mean, I don't know what else to say! You always do such great stuff and I am always inspired.

I've been too busy to do the challenges lately, but I am hoping to remedy that very soon. I miss doing them.

Anthonette said...

Very stunning card! I love your "rock, paper, and scissors". The bling really adds a great detail.

Rhonda Kelly said...

I love this card! The colors are fabulous and the "sparkles" add so much. I just got this set, snow swirled, on Friday! I can't wait to play with it. I just might CASE this...Great card.

Kerry D-C said...

This card is STUNNING!!!