Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blogger's Challenge #92--Tempting Templates - use diecuts or templates

What a fun challenge for this week. I could not make a choice so I made one basket with a template and one little box with a diecut! We will start with my crisscross basket. This basket is full of fun coffee stuff. I found a bunch of coffee themed stuff at JoAnn's the other day and couldn't wait to put a basket together for a coffee lover. Hmmm, I might just have to keep it for myself since I don't know who else loves coffee quite as much as I do, lol. Anyway the basket has a matching coffee cup, spoon holder, magnetic note pad with pen and a couple of pairs of coffee themed socks rolled up to look like a latte with a straw. Isn't it cute! I found the template for the basket on Nancy's Blog Paper Smiles. I enlarged mine and used a sheet of 12 x 12 card stock. Here is a shot of the front....

And now the sides....


and of course the back too!

Supplies:
Stamps: Express Yourself (retired) front sentiment is Inkadinkado.
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Close to Cocoa, and Whisper White, scrap red dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
Other: Real Red ribbon, nestabilities, sizzix coffee dies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the diecut. I used the Sizzix box diecut from Stampin Up. I don't actually own this --YET-- but received one in a swap so thought I would use it for this challenge. I cut a window in the front and added some acetate. I also added a little shelf type holder inside to hold the Reese Eggs -- yummy!-- . I decided to use the You're Some Bunny Special Stamp Set from Storage Units Ink and More. I guess I will have to get this die, it was fun to play with.

Here is the front...


And the back....

so fun and easy. I think this took a whole 25 minutes start to finish! Not too fancy but cute.

Supplies:
Stamps: You're Some Bunny Special
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black
Paper: Bordering Blue, Whisper White, So Saffron, misc scraps of dp and chocolate chip for insert.
Other: word window punch, 3/4 inch circle punch, acetate,

Hope you enjoyed both of these fun projects. Don't forget to check out the other players by clicking on the link in my sidebar!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!
Mary Jo

21 nice people left a comment:

tonistamps said...

I love them both Mary Jo! Now I need to take a trip to my Joann's too...see what they have.

Nikki Bond said...

These are so cute! I especially love the Easter one! Gorgeous colors on both! {SMILES}

Michelle N. said...

Those are adorable! I can't decide which one I like more, but I think the coffee theme wins by a little (as I'm sipping my first mug of strong java) :)

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the criss-cross box and especially love how you used the word window box to create a longer window on Box #2. It looks SO good with the images along the bottom!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Both of these are super cute, think I like the little box with the bunnies most!

:) Marcia

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful projects MJ, glad you found a use for the diecut box - the eggs fit perfectly in there!

Kerry D-C said...

These are DELECTABLE! Super FUN! AWESOME work on both projects!!

Janna said...

These projects are adorable!!!! I just love the coffee themed one with the basket and to hold all those goodies! Such a great idea and that little box with the window and band around is perfect for easter! Too fantastic creations!

smiles,
janna

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

both of these are so cute!! great job!

Kristen said...

OMGoodness.....These projects are so fun. Awesome. Love them both!

Connie Babbert said...

I love the idea of the coffee gift...I'm a big fan, too! Will need to check out Joanns. And that Box #2 die is so addicting...love making different things with them! I love the window you added to yours. Great job with the challenge this week!

Lisa Martz said...

Great projects! Love them both!

Anonymous said...

Both projects are fantastic! But, I really like the coffee basket--yummy!

Patti Chesky said...

Love both projects. I think I am going to stop by my JoAnns this weekend. Those coffee items are too cute!!

Ida said...

Great projects! Yummy and delightful.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE both projects! They are so creative and cute!

Ladystamper said...

cute stuff! As usual....Love the bunny box the best. Too fun!

Lori said...

These are great, Mary Jo! I love the ribbon you added to the handle of the basket--it really stands out. And adding an acetate window to the bunny box was a great idea.

Rachel Hope said...

Great project!!!! Love the coffee stuff!

Chrissy D said...

FABULOUS! Two boxes filled with coffee - what could be better!?

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are terrific projects Mary Jo! I really love how you have the little bunny peeking from the side of the box! Too cute! :D