Monday, March 9, 2009

Masculine and Distressed!

This is for the challenge on the Latenightstamper's group. The challenge was to distress our card. I am so happy with the way this turned out. It has been a long time since I did this type of card, so fun. I think this would make a fabulous Father's Day card. The strips of Old Olive are distressed with the cutter tool and then inked with the chocolate chip ink pad then they are mounted on Kiwi Kiss which is also inked on the edges. I used daubers to add some ink to the focal image and layers.

Stamps: Backwoods
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Other: Twill tape, brads, Cutter kit, Markers,

Thanks for stopping by today--and leaving a comment if you so desire, it makes my day!
Mary Jo

9 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Mary Jo, this card is fabulous. I love everything about it. TFS.

patti moffett said...

Mary Jo
I certainly love the cards you creat and inspire me to do...but what I love most when I come to your blog is your smiling face and the uplifting music I hear...no matter what mood I'm in when I arrive! I am always much happierand focused on the goodness of God when I leave...thanks for the cheery and hopeful environment you create simply by being,,,
Lord's choicest blessings be yours
patti moffett

Anonymous said...

OHH that card is really cool I love all the elements esp. the brads I {{HEART}} brads ad love he colors well shoot the whole package :)

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!!!

Janna said...

Wow!! You are so right! You have created the absolute most perfect masculine card!! So amazing! I adore the dark greens and browns and all the distresing you did! And the way you curled the paper is incredible! I know it is done on purpose but it truly looks random and aged with time! Amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Kristen said...

Youo certianly did make yourself a fab masculine card. Love it!

Amber said...

Awesome card, love the rustic appearance.

Kerry D-C said...

TERRIFIC card, MJ! I hate doing masculine cards! I can't use any of my favorite things: like purple and glitter!!

Unknown said...

OH MJ you are on a roll girlfriend!!! you should do this kind of thing more often!!!! i just love this card!