Thursday, March 19, 2009

Using it up Late at Night Taylor Style.

How's that for a title. It was all I could think of since I am showing cards made for Three Clover's Thrusday Challenge which was to use it up--use paper that you have had for a long time and the challenge on Latenightstampers -- use ribbon and the sketch challenge #59 on Taylor's Blog.

I almost forgot about the Three Clover's Thursday Challenge. It is not my week to play officially but I always want to. I remembered it last night but forgot that we are supposed to post it on the group on Wednesday night. DUH. I was thinking Thursday challenge--due on Thursday, lol. Oh well at least I am playing along even if I was not "highlighted" on Kerry's blog! The papers I used are from a box that I have not even looked in since maybe 2002 or 2003! How's that for old. Funny the paper with the clouds on it was so thin I was afraid I was going to rip it when I pulled it out. How the heck you would be able to scrapbook and add pictures to that is beyond me! I also used the Storage Units Ink and More set Let's Play. Such a fun set.

Stamps: Let's Play (SUInk)
Paper: Summer Sun, Basic Black, Whisper White and misc OLD scrapbook papers
Ink: Basic Black
Other: copics, nestabilities, circle scissors plus, wide oval punch, black marker, faux brads



The next card is for the Latenightstampers group weekly challenge. The challenge this week is to use ribbon. So what the heck I made a my favorite flower. I blue daisy. This was a fun challenge. I used lots of fun products on this card. It is also 100% current Stampin Up!


Stamps: Sweet Little Sentiments
Paper: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Basic Black, So Saffron DP Rainbow Sherbert DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: wide Celery ribbon, Bashful Blue Taffeta ribbon, Circle Scissors Plus, So Saffron Brads, Clear Button, So Saffron ribbon, ticket corner punch, scallop border punch, black marker

That's it for today! See ya in the morning with my Blogger's Challenge card. So many challenges, so little time.

Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Kerry D-C said...

These are both awesome MJ!!! You are always a highlight in my eyes! And I added your card to the post. ;)

Sharon Caudle said...

Both of your cards are adorable, MJ! Love the 3CT challenge card. It's just so bright and cheery and FUN!! And your flower ribbon on your other card is beautiful! Awesome work!

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling cards! I am so tuned in to little boy things with my little grandson...this is just special!

Ida said...

What a great card. So much fun and nice a cheery.

Kristen said...

I also didn't get my card up in time, but I did get to play. Both your cards are gorgeous. You did a great job with the playground set. I am struggling with it. Maybe I will give it a shot this weekend. anyways, great cards

Janna said...

Aren't these so fun!!! I love the kid paper on the first card and the great layout! You did an amazing job of incorporating the shapes and adding the sky and grass to your image! The second card with the large bow and beautiufl ribbon is just too fun!!

Smiles,
janna