Sunday, March 15, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #61

I think this last week went by in about 2 day! Geez, I am so far behind on everything. My sister has been in visiting from Texas for the week so I spent all of my free time visiting her, I don't get to see her that often so I am so glad I can re-arrange things when she is here. But as you will see my sample for this week's sketch is pretty bad! It was one of those five minute cards that had four or five mess ups. Ever have one of those. I stamped the flower four times and each one smeared in a different spot so finally I chose to just sponge around the flower and make it look like it was supposed to be like that, lol! Of course now you know so it looks even worse! Oh well, it will do for now and hopefully I will have a few minutes tomorrow to make something different. So this is what you get for now.....sorry......here is the sketch....And my four mess up five minute card!



Stamps: Yummy SAB, Pick a Petal
Paper: Real Red, Kiwi Kiss, Raspberry Tart dp, Whisper White
Ink: Cameo Coral, Kiwi Kiss, Real Red
Other: sm oval punch, red marker, scallop border punch, old olive brad, real red brads, 1 inch circle punch.

I sure hope you will play along this week. I truly enjoy seeing all of your ideas with the sketch each week. If you do chose to play along please leave a DIRECT LINK to your post on Mr Linky below. And leave me a comment to while you are at it. Thanks you guys ROCK!

The keywords for this week's sketch are TSSC61


See ya soon,
Thanks for stopping by
Mary Jo


12 nice people left a comment:

Colleen Wold said...

Mess up or no mess up...this is a great card! Love the colors! Great layout too!
I hope I can finally get a chance to play along for one of your Lunchtime Sketches tomorrow.

Lisa Bohler said...

Just looks like your perseverance paid off with a cute card!! Have fun with your sister!!!

Basement Stamper said...

I think the card looks great and I know what you mean!! I threw mine together pretty quick too but I like how it turned out.

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Mary Jo, if that card is messed up...... then I'm never posting a card for this challenge again. The card is totally lovely.

Lisa Somerville said...

Pretty color combination!

Kerry D-C said...

I don't notice anything wrong here! this is SO CHEERY! SO LOVELY! ;)
I plan to participate tomorrow. I had to have another post up for today. :P
Great sketch.

Carolina said...

I think it's perfect as is..very pretty card! Such a fun sketch too!!!

Anonymous said...

I liked your card a lot! I don't think it looks messed up at all! I finally took a few minutes for myself today and played along! Thank you for the opportunity!

Christy Dillman said...

I love this sketch, great for making quick & easy card, I love you example! Colors are wonderful!

Deb said...

I am so glad to have found your blog! I love sketch challenges and yours was so much fun! Glad I could play along!

Deb

Janna said...

This is just adorable!!! I like all the sponging! Makes it look like the wind or the the clouds and I adore the giant flower and the stunning filigree! I think you did amazing!!

Smiles,
janna

Mary C said...

I love your card Mary Jo! This sketch was another great one! I can't wait for the next one, thanks for letting us play!