Saturday, March 7, 2009

A couple of challenges!

This first card is for the Verve Sketch challenge on their blog. I don't own any of the Verve stamps "YET" but I still liked the sketch and a few random winners will get a new set from them so might as well try huh. This set is from the dollar bin at JoAnn's , I have had it forever so it is about time it seen some ink!



Stamps: You Lucky Duck (JoAnn's dollar bin)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Old Olive, Whisper White card stock, Kiwi Kiss dp
Ink: Basic Black, Kiwi Kiss
Other: Copics, buttons, ribbon, scallop border punch,corner rounder, black marker


This next card is a mystery image. I am so glad to I am able to share this card with you. You see this is a swap that the hostess sends everyone the same mystery image, you have no idea what you will get. Then we are assigned partners and make a card with the mystery image. Well I received the images and set them aside because I was in the middle of something and then could not find them! I was getting nervous so I was trying to decide if I should try to find the stamp or e-mail the hostess and beg for more! Then out of no where they show up! Weird how that happens, I look and look and then when I give up---there they are. So needless to say this card went out a bit late to my partner, but she should have it by now?!? So here it is....


Isn't he cute, I love giraffes and this one just looks like he has the biggest smile on his face. I love it. I matched it up with a Hero Arts Sentiment set I had.

Stamps: Mystery Image Giraffe, Hero Arts Sentiment
Paper: Chocolate Chip, So Saffron, More Mustard, Whisper White
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: sizzix tag die, cuttlebug, brads, markers, Copics, Wide Oval Punch, white gel pen

Hope you like it Ida! Sorry it was late.

Thanks for stopping by. See ya soon.
Mary Jo

6 nice people left a comment:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Cute find in the dollar bin. I don't really go to JoAnns, but I might need to find one.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristen said...

Great cards. Awesome job with the Giraffe. Mine didn't come out nearly as good. you rock!

Amanda said...

Awesome job with the giraffe!! He looks so real!!

Janna said...

Both of these are absolutely adorable!!! I just love the cute little duck on the first one and the way you utilized the buttons, but the dimension you created with the giraffe's face is amazing! Great job1

Smile,s
janna

Hetty said...

Cute cards, Brings out the smile in everyone.
Giraffe is from I brake (Stampingback line).

Kerry D-C said...

LOVE both of these!! Great job with that giraffe. I hated that giraffe!