Friday, March 20, 2009

Welcome Spring!

I am so happy that today is the first day of spring! The sun is shinning and I am full of spring fever--forget the fact that it is only 27 degrees out there. I even took my picture of my spring bouquet outside in the sun.

TGIF--that means it is Blogger's Challenge day too! Today's challenge was--you guessed--SPRING. When I got up this morning I saw this fabulous post on Latenightstampers about these really cool ribbon flowers, they were posted by Cathy Bell. I knew these could be made with paper so I thought I would give it a try. Mind you I did not spend too much time on these, but still think they came out cute. I could have made them quite a bit better with more effort but for a first try and a quick one at that I am happy with this. The flower vase is made out of a Crystal Light container. I put holes across the top with my Cropodile and strung ribbon through the holes, then finished off the top with a few more ribbon strips. These were fun, I am sure I will do them again!



By the way, did you join the Latenightstampers group yet! There is a posting challenge going on right now that has a prize of $50 worth of Stampin Up! stuff. Ya gotta be in it to win it! Hurry up and sign up today! Tell Sherrill I sent you.

All Supplies are Current Stampin Up! products

Stamps: God's Blessings
Paper: Bella Rose and Rasberry Tart
Ink: Rose Red
Other: ribbons, labels die, crop-o-dile, paper cutter

Thanks for stopping by today and thanks for the seet comments they make my day!
Mary Jo

17 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute idea! Gotta love flowers that don't die!

Lisa Bohler said...

This is so darling and playful and frilly! Super cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Great project! Very creative!

Ida said...

How fun! What a great idea and so colorful.

Lori said...

Great spring project!

Patti Chesky said...

Hey, I can't kill these flowers!! Adorable!!

Kerry D-C said...

How CUTE is this!?! I love flowers that I can't kill! LOL!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Great idea for the challenge, love the colours, very fresh.

:) Marcia

Rachel Hope said...

This is SOO Fun!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fantastic project Mary Jo! You're so clever! :D

Janna said...

OMGoodness this looks like the funnest project ever!!! I love the party feel it generates with all those ribbons! So gorgeous!

Smiles,
janna

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Love it! Very springy. {SMILES}

Sherrill Graff owner said...

So many of your wonderful friends are joining our FREE latenightstamper group Mary Jo, thank you for doing such a great service.
You really inspire us all to do more and be better as well. Love, Sherrill Graff istmpnv@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Very cute! What a fun idea! I think I will have to try this. I just love paper craft things I can put in my office or use to decorate the house! Great job, love the colors!

tonistamps said...

Very cool Mary Jo!

Connie Fossenier said...

An awesome job on this project. ribbon roses are making a come back..I used to make a lot of these..so I really enjoy this project.
connie paxman

Basement Stamper said...

Stunning MJ, this would make a perfect centerpiece.