Sunday, March 29, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #63

This week's sketch is perfect for those 4.25 x 4.25 inch cards that I love to make. I actually made two samples for this sketch. Another easy one I think!? What do you think? Here is the sketch......


My first sample is 100% current Stampin Up! I love this Thoughts and Prayers stamp set, it is so easy to work with and has beautiful sentiments with it. The papers are chosen from the scraps laying next to my cutter from the last few days of creating.


Stamps: Thoughts And Prayers
Paper: Chocolate Chip,Kiwi Kiss and Whisper white card stock along with Kiwi Kiss and So Saffron dp
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Other: markers, ribbon, sizzix tag die, large oval punch, three for you punch, So Saffron brads

The next card is a sneak peek of my sneak peeks. I am having so much fun with the new sets that will be released from SUINK on April 1st. I think I have 6 cards made already with them. I will be sharing another one with this same set in the morning--so this is kind of a sneak of that sneak peek, lol.

This new set is called Welcome to the Zoo! It is jam packed with adorable images. I created this litle scene with a few of the images.



Stamps: Welcome to the Zoo
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, DCWV Animal Cracker Stack, So Saffron DP
Ink: Basic Black
Other: word window punch, circle punches, Copics

So I hope you are inspired to play along! I know there will be lots of fabulous samples for you to check out through out the week, so please be sure to come on back to this post and see who has added their link. And of course if you play along (and I hope you will) please add your DIRECT link to Mr Linky below. When uploading on-line please use the keyword TSSC63. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Thanks for everything!
Mary Jo


11 nice people left a comment:

Colleen Wold said...

MJ - your first cards is gorgeous! Such pretty colors! And your 2nd card is so stinkin cute with those little animals! You created an adorable scene with these little animals! Thanks for the lunchtime sketch!

Kerry D-C said...

That first card is just BEAUTIFUL! both cards are GREAT, but that one is STUNNING!
I can't fit a card into 4.25" parameters. My cards keep getting bigger and bigger. Soon I will have 12" square cards! LOL!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great cards MJ - the top one is beautiful - while the zoo one is just plain FUN!

Basement Stamper said...

Great cards MJ! I love that animals one...I'm such a sucker for cute little animal stamps.

Anonymous said...

I love your Praying for you card---can't belive I still dont have that set!
Your layout is perfect for a card OR a s/book page.
Hope I get to play this week--I fly to Calif on Sunday.
I'll post it as soon as I can, Nola

Michelle N. said...

Love them both MJ, but especially the zoo card. How fun! This was a fun sketch with the different size!

Colleen Wheat said...

Okay, I finally got the card to upload on my blog! Grrrr! Maddening, but I hope you can view it. Love this sketch with the different size card idea. Too cute and Thank you!! :-)
Colleen

Janna said...

Two amazing creations! I love the beautiful layout and the wonderful peaceful colors of the first card. And your second card is just so fun. I adore the papers and the fun scene card!

Smiles,
janna

Anonymous said...

Like I said before, this is a sketch that would work well for a scrapbook page---but that's not what I made! I turned mine around as I thought the little flowers would be better at the bottom. Mine is kinda funny, but it will work well for my class with some developmentally delayed adults on Thursday.
It's up and running--thanks for the great idea!

Barbara said...

Fabulous cards....amazingly wonderful as always! Love the sketch, too! Finally managed to post my entry.

Unknown said...

Gosh I'm late, there will be a new one tomorrow but had been wanting to join in your sketch challenge so went ahead and squeezed in under the wire! Great Sketch, thank you so much for the inspiration!
Diane