Friday, April 16, 2010

Bloggers Challenge and more

Alright, so this is supposed to be for three different challenges but I am not sure I aced any of them.  I only had 15 minutes start to post!  So this is as good as it gets today.  Sorry.  The blogger's challenge this week is a sketch.  Should be simple but I did it from memory and did the stripes in the wrong direction!  The second challenge LNS66,  is to use colors of our flag, so I technically should not have used black and the blue is not the right shade.  Third is to use an animal on an Easy and Demonstratable card, ED5.  Well it was easy, but I don't think I like it enough to demonstrate it, lol.  So there you go, as I said above I did not ace any of them.  Oh well, I bet the rest of the girls on the Blogger's challenge team aced it.  You can check out their cards by clicking on the logo on my sidebar.  Off to paint my bathroom, hopfully, if I can get the stinkin wallpaper off.


Stamps: Animal Stories, It's Your Birthday, Curvy Verses
Paper: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Ballet Blue, Real Red, Basic Black
Other: marker

Thanks for stopping by,
Mary Jo

21 nice people left a comment:

ottersln said...

Adorable! I so enjoy Animal Stories and have recently received Curvy Verses from a good friend.

Lisa Martz said...

Adorable card! Love how you tore the paper to look like waves. Great color combo... and goodbye Ballet Blue!

Tami Black said...

I had this stamp in my hand yesterday and didn't want to fool with the water -- fabulous card and I love how you did this!

Ida said...

"Whale" isn't this cute! Love it.

Connie Babbert said...

Wow...quick and CUTE! Way to go!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I think that the whole thing is absolutely adorable Mary Jo! I also think that you did a wonderful job with all of these challenges! Love the water! Good luck with the bathroom! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

Super cute, love the torn paper for the water.

Heidi Hihn said...

Nice job! Love the whale!

Basement Stamper said...

I think it turned out fantastic, love how you used the paper tearing for the water, I always love seeing that!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Love the waves you made.

Claudia Perry said...

Great, great job on the paper tearing for the waves! Love it!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

Very cute!! Great card for a kid's birthday... I may have to case this for my kid's class this week!

BarbaraW said...

Darling card love the torn waves.

Lori said...

What a fun card! Love the torn paper waves.

Lisa Bohler said...

The torn paper waves are wonderful! Love this color combo, too! Good luck on the wallpaper...hope it was vinyl based....that's easy to remove. Paper wallpaper, bad news!

Selene Kempton said...

I love how you flipped the sketch! The ripped paper waves draw your eye right into the focal point. Great job Mary Jo! :)

Anonymous said...

Great to flip the skecth--love your whale--he's having a Whale of a good time don't ya think!

Barbara said...

This is just TOO CUTE! Great card...love it!

Rachel Hope said...

Awwww, fun fun fun!

Unknown said...

Too cute!! Love the paper waves and that spout is a great touch!!

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh ADORABLE card!!!