Friday, April 23, 2010

Blogger's Challenge--Orange, Blue, and Moss

Yikes, don't that sound like a really weird color combo.  I think because the colors were not specific I originally thought it was going to be hard to pick the ones I wanted that would go together.  But if was not hard, and I am actually enjoying this combo.  Bayou Blue, Mellow Moss and Dusty Durango--all either retired or soon to be retired colors.  So I may have to make a few more cards with these to use up some stash of paper--like a few thousand or so should be about right to use these three colors, lol. 

Anyway, back to the challenge.  You can see what the rest of the girls did by clicking HERE.

I chose to use my Words by Wanda again.  I just got a new file system for my stamps.  It is actually a architect's file drawer system!  I have fifteen pull out drawers that are three inches deep and about 3 foot by 4 foot.  Fits all my stamps perfectly!  And you can just pull out the drawer and see all the sets right there.  I love it. So I hope to be using a lot of sets that don't normally get used since I can find them.  Forgot some of the sets I have. 

Stamps: Words by Wanda
Paper: Dusty Durango, Mellow Moss, Blue Bayou dp, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black
Other: markers, ribbon, bow easy

Thanks so much for stopping by today, hope you have a great weekend!

Mary Jo


22 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Fun card! Great shades of this weeks challenge, the paper piecing looks great on her pants!

Selene Kempton said...

Totally adorable! :) I feel her pain! :)

Connie Babbert said...

Too cute, Mary Jo! I thought the colors would be difficult, too, but they really weren't! Great job.

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh fun image and great card, Mary Jo!

Tami Black said...

Love the use of the colors you chose and if this isn't the funniest card going, I don't know what is! Yep, I remember that but now, it definitely means the lower half of my body!

Kathy W said...

color combo totally works, fun set too!

BarbaraW said...

Fun card. I love your use of the colors. And the image and sentiment were so cute.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling! I love the pants- I have never tried paper piecing.... TFS

Basement Stamper said...

Super cute card! Architect drawers sound awesome! I bet that it will be nice to see them all at once!

Ida said...

Very Fun card. Love the paper pieced pants. Oh yeah...I can related to the "hippie" sentiment!

Marsha Fisher said...

CUTE!! I, unfortunately have always been "hippie" lol

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so fun Mary Jo! Love the shades of the challenge colors that you've used! The architect drawers sound wonderful! Nothing like having things organized! :D

Lisa Martz said...

Love the layout and the colors you used. I can totally relate to the greeting! Cute card!

Lisa Bohler said...

Oh what a darling card! I love the way you used the stamps and especially the sentiment!

tonistamps said...

I love Wanda!!! Great use of the colors Mary Jo. I love the Dusty Durango here.

Barbara said...

Can't help but chuckle over this one....love the sayings! Wanda is so cute! Great job with this weird color combo!!

Marilyn SanClemente said...

I love that stamp!! Great job!

Heidi Hihn said...

Love the stamp you chose! Your design is very nice!

Connie Fossenier said...

Mary Jo...love words by wanda...and the ribbon treatment is super..for this card.
connie paxman

Patti Chesky said...

Wanda cracks me up!!!! Love your card!!!

Lori said...

Too funny, Mary Jo!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Cute and fun! Funny I just went thru some old cards and pulled this one out to send.