Sunday, November 4, 2007

Alter Ego

One of my favorite things about paper crafting is to re-create or bring new life to an item that is not quite what you want. That is what I have done with the frame that I found at JoAnn's for a quarter! The first picture will show you the two frames next to each other and then the next just shows the finished frame.





As you can see there was a little point of a crayon that needed to be cut off. I used an exacto knife and then sanded with the Stampin Up! sanding block. Before going any farther I painted the edges of the frame dark brown with acrylic paint. I decided to use the Simply Scrapin kit from SAB since I still have lots of pieces let over from other projects. I love this paper. I took the back and the insert parts off the frame and laid it on the back of the paper so I could trace the frame both inside and out. I then cut on the lines and attached the paper to the from with Scotch Quick Drying glue. I sanded the edges with the sanding block to get a nice finished look. Then I stamped the word friends in Basic Brown on Whisper White and colored it in with markers. I used so saffron, regal rose, bashful blue and certainly celery. The scallops on the ends of the Whisper White piece were done with the retired corner rounder. The Whisper White is mounted to a layer of Bashful Blue that has the pink scallop stickers from the kit on the top and bottom edges. I added two regal rose brads and mounted the whole focal piece on the frame using foam mounting tape. Finally I added the flowers and word always from the stickers to finish it off. If you have never worked with one of our simply scrappin kits you really need to give them a try. The stickers are card stock stickers and the papers are awesome! Heavy weight and everything coordinates so well! Love them for more than just scrapbooking.