Friday, November 9, 2007

Blogger's Challenge #20


Today's challenge was to use magazines or pictures in a creation. At first I was totally confused and then was reminded that we could use our pictures as in this post but I figured since I already did that I would focus on the magazine portion of this challenge. I quickly thought of the beautiful pictures that are in the Southern Living at home catalog and thought "hmmm I wonder if any are the right size". Bingo! This is such a pretty picture and it was the perfect size. I matched it up to the Winter Bright Scrapin Kit and went from there. The base of the card is the textured Pretty in Pink that is in the kit. I used my paper piercer to make small holes in both upper corners. Next is a layer of bashful blue which has the little flowers from So Many Sayings stamped in Real Red on the top and the old retired saying stamped on the lower right corner. I found a small scrap of the striped paper from the kit and used the corner rounder to scallop the edge and then layered it on a strip of Real Red. Next I added some Real Red faux stitching across the top and some small white dots around the bottom with my gel pen. The image is punched out and layered on a larger Real Red scallop circle. The scallops each have white dot which was done with my gel pen. This image is popped up on dimensionals. Last are the three little brad type embellishments by the saying. Hope you enjoy.

16 nice people left a comment:

Lisa Somerville said...

Great Card - love the colors and the scallops!

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty MJ!! I love the flower arrangement and the sentiment goes perfectly with it!

Stefanie said...

Great card MJ! You matched the colors from the magazine perfectly!

Connie Babbert said...

Perfect!!! Great colors in this card. I love Southern Living at Home's stuff!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love that paper too! Your focal image is great!!!

rozie640 said...

Wow, beautiful job, love all the detail and the colors. Great job.

Anita Van Hal said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I love the paper, and the picture you chose is perfect! As always, love the music as well!

Anita Van Hal
www.anitastamps.com

Vicki G said...

This is So pretty!!! It is just perfect!

Vicki

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderful card...you did a great job selecting a photo and working it into your card!

Ida said...

Oh so pretty! Love all the scallops on this card and what a wonderful magazine photo. Sure wish they had the designer paper in an individual packet as I love that pattern.

Claudia Perry said...

Now see, I wouldn't have thought of that - it is way cute!
Claudia

Lori said...

Pretty! The photo works beautifully with that layout.

Lisa Bohler said...

Love the color choices you made to go with your mag pic! Great card!

Sue Davis said...

it's a cutie MJ... but then I would expect nothing less! super job.

Julie Campbell said...

Love this bright and cheery card!

Barbara said...

Cute card! Love the magazine photo center....what a great idea!