Thursday, November 29, 2007

Blogger's Challenge

This weeks challenge was to use one stamp in different ways. Ya know, to show the versatility of the stamp. So of course I pulled out my Big on Christmas stamp set to make a Christmas card. This is the same stamp I have used twice before to create birthday cards. Those cards are also added to this post with links to the details. I hope you enjoy.



This is the first time I have used this set the way it was intended to be used. Here is the front and then next picture is open.




The base of the card is Certainly Celery. I folded it in half and then cut off a 1 inch strip on the bottom front with a scallop blade. I added a 1 and 1/4 inch strip of designer paper from the Wintergreen collection on the inside bottom. The main image is stamped on Whisper White and layered on Real Red. I colored the letters in with marker and the re-stamped the tree and cut that out to pop it up. The tree is also colored with markers and I added a highlight to the word holiday with the marker too. I used a red gel pen to add dots around the focal image and around the scallop edge. Before attaching my focal image to the card I stamped a row of ornaments from the retired Ornamassortment Set. The branches are from the retired Holiday Hedgehogs set. I think it turned out kinda cute although I like the birthday cards better! See below.




Details for this card can be found here.



Details for this card can be found here. Thanks for checking in today. Hope you have a WONDERFUL day!

18 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

Fabulous samples for this week's challenge. You really changed the card by changing the tree to a present. Great job!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I love these. The music in the bkgd is great LOVE that song too.

Lila H said...

Super Cute!! Shows the versatility of the stamp!!

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Wonderful cards!! They turned out just fantastic!

Lisa Bohler said...

Very clever use of this stamp set!!!

Julie Campbell said...

Great job! This is turning out to be a really neat challenge. Love the versatility here!

Lisa Somerville said...

Great way to show how versatile this set is!

Heather Grow said...

Great job on your challange. Love all the versions.

Vicki G said...

I totally totally TOTALLY LOVE thise cards!!!! They are AWESOME!!!!!!!


Vicki

Stefanie said...

Very cool MJ! I love how you used this Christmas set to make birthday cards. That is just too cool!

Leigh OBrien said...

Most, most, most excellent card, MJ! I love all of them!

Lori said...

These are great! Love how you changed the original image to make it more versatile.

Barbara said...

How fun to turn a "Christmas" set into a birthday set! What great cards...what great ideas!

Ida said...

Love your cards & the clever way you changed your tree into a present. Very versatile.

PocketsOfInspiration said...

You really did a great job on these cards! Wonderful use of designer paper as well.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

OH, or Ho ho ho....luv the ideas here!

Claudia Perry said...

All of the cards are great, but my favorite is the pink Birthday card. Great combination of the 2 greetings and the paper pieces present is neat too!
Claudia

Tracy said...

very cool ideas...i really like your use of the present and the tree. beautifully done!