Saturday, November 10, 2007

Triplets! Oh my.

A friend of mine needed a card for someone who is having triplets -- YIKES can you imagine! So much joy and so much work all in one. So this was what I came up with. I had a few other ideas in my head but this just seemed to work. The card is designed around the colors in the Cutie Pie paper pack. This paper is so fun to work with the colors are great. The base of the card is So Saffron. I attached a 1 and 1/4 in strip of the dots to the top of the card and the stripes on the bottom. Next I stamped the baby from the retired set Occasionally in So Saffron, Certainly Celery and Rose Red. I added little dots around the out side edge of the stamp in alternating colors. Next I punched them out and attached them to a strip of Basic Black. I used my paper piercer to make a row of holes across the bottom of the black paper then added ribbon right above the piercing. Just for a bit more I added a strip of polka doted scallop sticker from the Friends and Family Simply Scrappin Kit right below the ribbon. I attached this to a layer of Bashful Blue and added two Bashful Blue brads in between the babies. I mounted this to the card with dimensionals. The saying is also mounted on dimensionals. I hope she likes it.

5 nice people left a comment:

rozie640 said...

Oh my ever lovin' goodness, triplets, yikes. Your card is absolutely adorable, just perfect for the new mother of THREE!

Anonymous said...

Love the card, and sending my best wishes and thougths to the mom to be and the daddy to be also!!

dasimonds said...

Too Cute!!
Just Perfect...I am sure the New Mom and Dad will love this TRIO card. Great Card...Thanks for sharing.


Dee

Rhonda Kelly said...

TRIPLETS! Yes alot of work indeed but well worth it! LOVE the card, that is just the cutest! Love the colors. TFS

Barbara said...

One thing about triplets is that lots of people come out to help the new parents. That's a VERY good thing because they are going to need it! (This is coming from the mom of TWINS!) Triple blessed...congrats to their entire family!

As for your card....well, gorgeous as always!!