Sunday, November 4, 2007

Blogger's Challenge



The original challenge was to use embellishments on your card. Since I do that all the time I figured I would step up the challenge a bit for me and say -- use an embellishment that you NEVER use on a SIMPLE card. I love these little photo turns but my hodgepodge hardware kits are still full of them. This is truly a simple card. I still need thank you so this one works for me. The base of the card is Apricot Appeal. The main image from the simply said stamp set is stamped in Not Quite Navy on Whisper White. I used the distressing tool from the cutter kit to distress the edges. I then attached it to a layer of Not Quite Navy card stock that I have the saying stamped in black on the bottom. The top has a row of piercing done with my paper piercer. The background layer is certainly celery with the little flower stamped randomly in certainly celery and then mounted on a layer of Not Quite Navy. Of course I then added the photo turn to "hold" the main image in place. For a simple card I am very happy with it. I really wanted to add one more background layer but convinced my self that enough really was enough! Hope you enjoy.

4 nice people left a comment:

Lori said...

Beautiful job! Nice color combo and great use of the photo turn--I have a hard time using these, too.

Lynn Mercurio said...

I'm like Lori...I just can't seem to use those photo turns, but you did a fabulous job with them on your card. (perhaps I need to RAK them to you...lol)

Connie Babbert said...

Pretty...I love using those photo turns...I think I've used about all of them in one color. I rarely use them on cards, though...mostly scrapbook pages! Great idea!

Stefanie said...

Great card MJ! I never know what to do with those little dohickeys either. It looks great on your card!