Tuesday, November 13, 2007

One teacher down--

My son has a wonderful group of women working with him this year at school and I want to make them little gifts for Christmas. This is the first one, I am so excited to have one done this early -- now to find a way to NOT give it to her early. That is why I never shop too early, I can never keep myself from giving early and then still needing something for Christmas!




This card set was done following the color challenge on SCS today. The challenge Colors were
Purely Pomegranate (Rose Red), Kraft (Sahara Sand, Creamy Caramel) and Whisper White. I chose Rose Red because it is the color in the Cutie Pie designer paper I used. The card holder is a retired die cut from Stampin Up. I forgot I had a package of these and was thrilled to see a Kraft one in there. The card bases are Kraft. I folded it in half and then cut off one inch from the bottom front flap. I added a strip of designer paper to the lower inside so that is showed through on the front. Next I used my white gel pen to add dots across where the seam of the paper was on the inside. I left the card blank inside since teacher like to write personal notes. Back to the front of the card. I used the 1 and 3/8 circle punch to punch a notch on the lower right hand side of the front of the card. ( I only punched out a little less than 1/2 the circle.) I stamped the Thanks So Much from the retired Riveting set on Whisper White with Rose Red ink and punched it out with the 1 and 1/4 inch circle punch so that it would fit inside of the notched hole I punched before and still show a small portion of the designer paper all around it. I dressed up the edge of the front with dots made with my gel pen and the little flower from the Simply Said set. The main image sections is stamped on Whisper White with Rose Red. The flowers are from the Just Like You set. You make me Happy is stamped in Black. The edges of the Whisper White are sponged with Rose Red and it is layered on a piece of Rose Red card stock. Other items used for this project were: Fairy Tale Ribbons, Rhinestone Brads, Absolutely Fabulous set and Butterfly from Just Like You for envelopes. Hope she likes it.

12 nice people left a comment:

Dana Garard said...

I would love to have the dimensions of the card holder. I am sure that is something that I could make out of card stock. Thank you for your help.

Dana
dana.garard@gmail.com

JenMarie said...

Beautiful!
Just found your blog today. Love listening to your music, I'm just leaving it up so I can listen!
God Bless!

Unknown said...

Love your card and also the card holder would you mind sharing how to make the holder

Lupe
lupe1895@verizon.net

rozie640 said...

Wow, this is beautiful, love the colors and all the details!

Michelle said...

Wow... I love the whole thing! What a great gift idea! I would also like the dimensions for the card holder, if you have that available. Thanks for such awesome inspirations! (Your designs, AND your music!)

Michelle
michellebrown@austin.rr.com

Vicki G said...

These are Fabulous!!! Just love your cards!!!

Vicki

Anonymous said...

I would also love to have the instructions for the card holder. You do lovely projects. Awesome.

Penny
Penpen7653@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today. I needed to hear the music. Great blog love the music and cards. Thank you,
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
God Bless you

dasimonds said...

These are beautiful...
I too, would love the dimensions of the card holder. Do you have that available...maybe a tutorial.
Thanks for sharing.


Dee

Anonymous said...

I also love you card holder could you please forward me the dimensions, its is sooooooooo cute!
amyjaws@verizon.net

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I wold love to see a tutorial for this...I wonder if it would be hard since the holder is retired?

Again, it is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just found this on SCS and I was wondering if you ever posted the instructions for the box?