Friday, September 4, 2009

Blogger's Challenge

WOW! Can you guys imagine I have not posted or stamped since Monday. Yikes, that is crazy. It has been a crazy week. We had a family emergency that has consumed most of my time. Also my son went back to school yesterday and we had some last minute things to do to get ready for that. And of course I wanted to spend the last few days doing things with him. The beginning of school always makes me so sad--the school will have him more than I will for the next months. And they will pretty much dictate most of our nightly activities--homework, shower, dinner, and boom before you know it you need to get them to bed and start again in the morning. Well, such is life. I am still going to be a bit busy the next few days with the family emergency thing but it is almost over. But since I actually made this on Sunday I do have a post for today's Blogger's Challenge --this week we are to create a baby theme project. I found this adorable (wedding) album a few months back at the dollar store and bought a bunch of them. They are really think chipboard books that I know would be fun to alter. I used a whole bunch of retired stuff and stuff that was just laying around my studio for like "ever". Hope you enjoy it.


Here is the cover.Page 1

Page 2-3 as you can see on a few of the pages I did not add photo mats to leave a little more freedom of picture sizes.


page 4-5


Page 6-7


page 8-9


and page 10.
Don't forget to check out what the other players have in store for you by clicking on the logo on my sidebar.

Happy Friday--TGIF
Mary Jo

22 nice people left a comment:

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! {SMILES}

Lisa Martz said...

Absolutely adorable! Great job! Would make a great baby gift!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Wowza... GREAT ALBUM, Mary Jo!

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute - makes such a wonderful baby gift!

Lisa Bohler said...

What a lovely idea for a baby gift. So smart of you to grab up a bunch of them!

Unknown said...

Wow, love this project! I so miss that dsp.......

Tami Black said...

Absoluely adorable! Love this idea and hope to case it soon!

Basement Stamper said...

Wow girl, you went to town this week. Great job on the book, it's darling!! Hope everything is working out with your family emergency and you are ok!

Lorie said...

Oh, my word...that is wonderful!

Patti Chesky said...

This is a fabulous project!!! Anyone would love to receive this!!!

Connie Babbert said...

Very cute, Mary Jo! LOVE the book!

Ida said...

This is one of those "WOW" projects. What a great gift idea.

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What a great gift idea, beauitfully done.

Hope your week gets better.

:) Marcia P

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is just outstanding! Fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Mary Jo! Love it!!! I hope things are ok and get back to normal for you soon! I totally get ya on the back to school thing... I was really missing the boys when the house was so quiet the first day back :) Keeping you in my prayers!

tonistamps said...

Awesome scrapbook Mary Jo!

tonistamps said...

Awesome scrapbook Mary Jo!

Selene Kempton said...

you are so darn talented! Gorgeous!

rozie640 said...

Love your album, great work as always.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a fantastic scrapbook Mary Jo! I'm with you about school...it is sad that they are there longer than we get to have them. It's so hard to let them grow up! I guess the good news is with time flying by, it'll be Thanksgiving Break before we know it...lol! :D

Rachel Hope said...

What a Wonderful Project! I love every page!

Leonie Schroder said...

what an awesome project and gift - great idea Mary Jo!! TFS