Friday, September 18, 2009

Blogger's Crushed Mambo Chips Mojo Style!

Hmmm, sounds like a recipe huh? But no -- it's my Blogger's challenge for this week, combined with the MoJo Sketch Challenge from Monday! The Blogger's challenge was a color challenge this week--we are to use the colors

Melon Mambo
Crushed Curry
Chocolate Chip
and a Neutral if desired.

the MoJo sketch for the week is..

And then of course my card.


I struggled with this a bit the night I started it so I set it aside and left it till this morning and it came together in a few minutes! Sometimes you just have to walk away and come back fresh. I really like the card now!

I used the adorable level on hostess set called Out of the Box. Such a darling little set.



Supplies:

Stamps: Out of the Box, Nursery Necessities
Paper: Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo
Other: Circle Scissors Plus, scallop circle punch, circle punch, word window punch, Final Press embossing folder, brads, marker

Be sure to check out the other players by clicking on the logo on the lower right of my sidebar!

TGIF!
Mary Jo

17 nice people left a comment:

Tami Black said...

What a great card and I love all those extra details -- piercing, brads, ripped edges, etc. You absolutely rocked this challenge!

Sadilla said...

oh wow! Lovely card, I like a lot the "distressed corner", and the embossing... so many lovely details... really pretty
Sadia

Lorie said...

This is adorable! I don't usually do color challenges but if I combined it with a sketch challenge it might be okay. Thank for sharing!

Chrissy D said...

Fun Card! Love the details and texture on the card!

Selene Kempton said...

Way Cool! Great Way to combine challenges!

rozie640 said...

Very cute card, lots of fun things to look at!

Ida said...

Beautiful MaryJo - So fresh and fun. Love the embossing and distressed corner.

Nikki Bond said...

GORGEOUS! {SMILES}

Basement Stamper said...

Awesome girl card!

Connie Babbert said...

WOW! Love it, Mary Jo!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a delightful baby card Mary Jo! Love your layout! I'm going to have to try this one! :D

Shelly Schmidt said...

This was a tough color challenge- you did a great job! TFS

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Nicely done, love your take on the Mojo sketch.

:) Marcia P

Mary Davidson said...

I love, love, love how you used the colors with the sketch! I'm not a big Crushed Curry fan, but I love how you have it in your card. It's gorgeous!

Lori said...

How fun! Love the torn, curled corner with the sentiment along the edge--great detail.

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Very cute!

Lisa Bohler said...

Love what you did with the sketch! I especially love the bent/ripped corner as an extra touch of style!