Monday, September 28, 2009

Latenightstamper's Challenge--Step it up!

This week your challenge is to "Take it to the Top"!!! Find a card you've made in the past, or CASE a card from the catalog!! Now, re-do the card, and add some embellishments, texture, etc--to take it to the next level!!! Have some fun with this one!! Be sure and post the before and after pictures (or tell us which card in the catalog you're using).As always, all materials must be current Stampin' Up! products. Deadline for submission is midnight on Sunday, October 4th!
You can see some inspiration from the Design Team here -- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/StampinUpLNStampers/photos/album/1408512134/pic/list

If you are not a member of this group yet you can be!!! It is free and fun for all--click here to join.

Here is my first sample for this challenge. I made a card with very little time yesterday for my sketch challenge so I figure this is the one I will step up since I have a tiny bit of time, lol. So here is the before and after shot. I am posting on my blog now. You can see the sketch challenge at this post--come on over and play along.

Let's work together to make this the best challenge yet since it is the last one for Gretchen and Tammy before Stephanie and myself take over the leadership role for the DT. We want to thank them for all their hard work!




Original card supplies:

Stamp: Fifth Avenue Floral, Baroque Motifs, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Whisper White, Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Shimmery White, Rich Razzleberry, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, White craft
Other: word window punch, five petal flower punch, photo corners punch, circle scissors plus, large scallop circle Sizzix, re-inkers, clear embossing powder, aquapainter, water spritzer.

What I changed or added. The embossing is now in black. I added brads, white gel pen dots on scallop, faux stitching around square layer, small black line around entire card, black line around the sentiment and made it a bit larger. Used the Curry marker to add more detail to the circle and added some curry ink to the edge of the circle.

Thanks for stopping by, why not play along with one of these challenge--you will be glad you did.
And I will be glad too, lol.

Mary Jo

0 nice people left a comment: