Thursday, September 17, 2009

Three Clover's Thursday Challenge Week 31

Doodle This and Doodle That

I have been pretty bad at keeping up with this challenge lately. I can not seem to get it in my head that although it is a Thursday Challenge I (as a dt member of the group) am supposed to post on Wednesday Night. Sometimes it takes a while for things to sink into this thick skull of mine. I had it down for a while but now I have to do it again since I missed a couple. Sorry Kerry!

This week Kerry wants us to doodle on our cards. I am not a very good doodler anymore? Not sure why, I used to love doodling and did it all the time on all of my school folders and papers? Well, I gave it a shot and this is what I came up with....

This first card was a very simple birthday card that I used for a class--but after the class I added all the doodling with brown and white. Not sure what I think about it. It did change the look.

This second one is a Christmas card using the new embossing template that is being released in the new Holiday Mini. I used a wooden frame to keep the center from being embossed. Found this tip on Patty Bennett's blog. She has a great tutorial on how to do it HERE.

Again I am not sure if I like this card with the doodling--I think I may have liked ti better before?


I am sure the rest of the team rocked this challenge so head on over to Kerry's blog to see what they did. HERE.

Card One:

Stamps: Medallion, Sincere Salutations
Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, To the Nines DP
Ink: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip
Other: Corduroy brad, brown marker, white gel pen

Card Two:

Stamps: Dasher,Many Merry Messages
Paper: Certainly Celery, Real Red
Ink: Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Real Red
Other: embossing folder, wooden frame, red marker, white gel pen, ribbon, sponge

Thanks for stopping by today!
Mary Jo

5 nice people left a comment:

Kristen said...

These came out gorgeous MJ! Love them.

Greetings By Chera said...

MJ- I have been trying the same sort of doodling on the medallion stamp. I like the look!!!

Happy Stamping!

Chera Wiest

www.greetingsbychera.blogspot.com

Shawne said...

Beautiful cards, I really love the natural monochromatic one!

Lorie said...

Well, I think they are both fantastic and you did better than me...I didn't even try. Great job!

Sue from Oregon said...

Great doodlin'! It really is harder than a person thinks...Love the white pen!