Friday, September 11, 2009

Thinking of you is a nice thing to do!

Blogger's Challenge
Thinking of you.

This challenge has come at a perfect time! We recently sent out a CALL for a new pastor. Our pastor retired in July and we have been searching for 14 months (he gave lots of notice). Well we finally found the person we believe will be perfect for us. And he accepted! I am so excited. Now comes the difficult transition period. Moving your children and wife from California to Buffalo! Anyway I thought it would be nice to send them a note so I made this card to send them from our Praise Team. He has a great sense of humor so I think it will be appropriate.

Tri-fold pop up card...
Here is the front. Wish I had a better picture, sorry it looks much better in real life.



The middle section.


And fully open. I hope they enjoy this card. It was so fun to create.



Be sure to check out the rest of the Blogger's challenge players today--I am sure they will be "thinking of you" ! Tee Hee.

Have a fabulous day!
Mary Jo
TGIF

16 nice people left a comment:

Tami Black said...

Very cute! They'll be looking for you when they arrive -- very nice gesture and I'm sure they will appreciate it!

Nikki Bond said...

Sooo pretty! Love the color combo! {SMILES}

bizestampin said...

Mary Jo
What a cute card. I have not seen this style before. Could you possibly point me to some directions for measurement so I can try something simular? I love the pop ups at the end. You are so creative and kind. I am sure they will appreciate it.
Debi Pippin

bizestampin said...

Mary Jo
What a cute card. I have not seen this style before. Could you possibly point me to some directions for measurement so I can try something simular? I love the pop ups at the end. You are so creative and kind. I am sure they will appreciate it.
Debi Pippin

Lisa Bohler said...

That is such a wonderful idea to welcome them before they come. As a pastor's wife myself, I know it would be a welcome sight!
That's a great card, too...they will love it!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a cute idea for a card - I'm sure they'll love it!

Lorie said...

That is fantastic! I wish I would have gotten that set when I had the chance!

Margaret Raburn said...

Wow, MJ, you've done it again! This is a great card, love the pop-ups, and what a kind and encouraging thing to send this card to your new pastor and family.

Rachel Hope said...

Great card! Love all the fun interactive details!!

Ida said...

MaryJo this is wonderful. What a perfect welcome for your new Pastor and family.

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute, it's great he has a sense of humor!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a wonderful card! I am sure the family will feel welcomed- how very nice of you!

Nancy Dawson said...

What a great greeting for someone new! I know they'll love it. TFS

Selene Kempton said...

This is so cool! Terrific Greeting for someone new! I also love your blinky that you posted today!

Leonie Schroder said...

OH what a neat card - love that sentiment!!

Connie Babbert said...

Great card, Mary Jo. I remember the turmoil of going thru pastor calls at our church. Not fun! Glad you found one you like!