Wednesday, September 23, 2009

More ideas with our chalks!

Yikes I had such a headache the last day and a half I did not even post. Sorry. Still have one but not as bad so I will be catching up today--again, lol. Here are three more samples for the Latenightstampers weekly challenge to use our chalks.

The first on is also for the clean and simple challenge on SCS. I used the chalk to accent the focal panel and color the leaf and chestnut.

Stamps: All Holidays, Lovely As a Tree
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, To The Nines Specialty, Tall Tales DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: chalks, daubers, buttons, marker


This next one uses the Chalk Embossing technique. I think this is such a fun technique. You use a Versamarker and pick up your chalk color to color your image. When you are done coloring you can clear emboss the entire image. Very pretty effect! All three flowers are done with this technique.


Stamps: Fifth Avenue Floral
Paper: Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Basic Black, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: chalks, versamarker, clear embossing powder, wide oval punch, tags sizzix die, 5 petal flower punch, Black marker


And this next one uses the chalks to create the background sky. I used Beate's Weekend sketch challenge for the layout. Tried to keep it simple.


Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: chalks, daubers, brad, fusion flowers, black marker


Come on back later for my Brand new Challenge! I will be starting a new challenge today called Technostamper's Super Set Sampler Challenge. In honor of my love of Stampin Up stamps I will be doing this new challenge. The idea is that each week I will pick a set and make two cards with the set to start us off and hopefully inspire you to use the set too. I realize that you will not own all the sets that I do but you will get tons of fabulous ideas to share with your friends. So I hope that you will play along on week's that you have the featured set, and visit on week's that you don't. Soon we will have so many wonderful ideas to use with our sets. The catch to this is that ALL SAMPLES MUST BE 100% CURRENT STAMPIN UP! SAMPLES. It is a challenge after all but I know you are all up for it. Are you in? I will be giving a $5 voucher each week for SU product --redeemable through me. You can accumulate them up to $25 before spending. So you will want to play as often as you can to earn lots of free stuff of your choice.

See you in a bit with the first Featured Set!

Mary Jo

1 nice people left a comment:

Lorie said...

First off...love your card! Second, I can't wait to see which set you choose to start off with!