Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Making what you HAVE work!

What I don't have...

1. new fall stamps

2.
What I do have...
1.
2.

How I made them work....

By using the masked frame technique and the Pocket Silhouettes stamps set I was able to make this beautiful fall wreath!

Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Bright Blessing Wheel, The More the Merrier
Paper: Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Razzleberry Lemonade DP
Ink: Dusty Durango, Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry
Other: Brads, ribbon, markers

And for the next card I used the bottom of the sail boat from the Nursery Necessities set to make my hot air balloon.

Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Bright Blessing Wheel
Paper: Melon Mambo, Pretty in Pink, Whisper White
Ink: Mellon Mambo, Bashful Blue
Other: sponge, marker, ruler, ribbon, treat cup, scallop circle punch, 1 3/4 circle punch, M&M's

I really enjoyed making what I have work, I hope it gives you some other ideas.

Thanks for stopping by today,
Mary Jo

12 nice people left a comment:

Liane (from LNS) said...

Great looking Cards. I like the way you used Pocket Silhouettes.

sandi maciver said...

well now you little smarty pants, how cool are these. I will be trying this later today for sure, thanks for the great ideas.

Lorie said...

Absolutely a fantastic job stamping with what you have! :o)

Erna Logtenberg said...

This is fabulous!! Love it!!

Basement Stamper said...

Now that is thinking outside the box!!! I love the wreath card, gorgeous!

Leigh said...

Wow, I wish I could think of things like this. Fantastic.

Tory said...

Great cards, Mary Jo. I have one in my head, but must wait for the Man in Brown as I don't have any of the treat cups until he comes!

Leonie Schroder said...

Mary Jo I love both of these and especially the pocket silhouettes card! Well done

lisa808 said...

Great ideas and cards!

Nancy Hill said...

So coolio that you used what you have!! I LOVE Pockete Silhouettes and really LOVE that you made a wreath out of it! It's so Bee-Uuuu-Ttttttt-I-FULL!! Gonna CASE this for sure. Using the bottom of a sailboat for a hot air balloon? Shear (get it?) genius! Love the haircut.

Unknown said...

Love the card with the silhouettes!
I will have to try this out.

Thanks.

Jennifer Corson said...

WOW - what an awesome idea!!! I love using the pocket silhouettes, so I am casing this for sure...thanks for sharing!!!