Friday, January 18, 2008

Blogger's Challenge 30



WOW!! This was a tough one for me. The challenge was to use River Rock, Real Red and Bayou Blue. Not my favorite combination, but I guess that is why they are called challenges. All I could think of when I thought of these colors was stars but I wanted to use flower! So that "hard headed --stuck on one thing" person that I am stuck to it and here are my flowers. They were a labor of love to say the least!

Stamps: So Many Scallops, Small Script, Little Pieces, Noteworthy
Paper: River Rock, Real Red, Bayou Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Real Red, Blue Bayou, Glorious Green
Accessories: Hodge Podge Hardware, Build a Brad, ribbon, white gel pen, markers, ruler

I promise to get my list of players up on my sidebar again. I have decided to put them back up -- I know I am also wishy washy at times. For now you can visit Pat's Blog and check out her sidebar for all the players. Also I will be adding another sidebar for you all to check out. Starting on Monday I will be doing my very own Sketch Challenges! I can't wait, I have a wonderful group who want to play along and I sure hope that you will too. Keep watching for more details. For now I NEED to get in the shower.

23 nice people left a comment:

Pat Huntoon said...

You say you don't like the colors but the combination really works here. You amaze me, MJ -- you put out great works of art every day! This is wonderful.

Nikki Bond said...

OHHHHH this is soooo preety! I love how it turned out!! Great job with the challenge! {SMILES}..


I think I have a complete list of the bloggers challenge group at my blog minus the new girl that joined yesterday so If you want to use my list feel free! :)

Lynn Mercurio said...

Great card...love those flowers and how you used your build-a-brad. Your design layout ROCKS!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Love it. Love your buid a brad. Glad Im not the only one not feeling these colors! LOL!

Lisa Somerville said...

You did a great job with this challenge - great layout and overall look of your card!

InkStampandScrapMom said...

Your card is beautiful. You sure did a great job for not liking the colors! How does your Blogger's Challenge Work?

Karen said...

great card MJ!! love the Build a Brad center for the flower too!!

Amber Porter said...

Your card is wonderful! Love the stamp set that you used! I haven't tried the build a brad yet (It's on my list of things to get!)!!
Ooohh, sketch challenge - I want to play!!

Basement Stamper said...

Your card turned out awesome! Love the flowers!

Anonymous said...

LOVE it! I need to RUN upstairs and mount my Sale A Bration sets!! cute cute!! Patty, www.pattystamps.com

Heather Grow said...

Very cute card.

Ladystamper said...

It looks great! Love how you combined the sets. :o)

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great card.......and the colors are FAB!

Anonymous said...

Great job MJ! I love your layout and how you used the color combination.

Bev Gerard said...

I LOVE your results, Mary JO! Even though it was a tough one for you ... you have come through in fabbooo form!

~Bev

Claudia Perry said...

That's an awesome card - I just love everything about it! I may just have to remember to case it!
Claudia

rozie640 said...

Aboslutely love your card, it's one of my favorites for this challenge. Can't wait until you start your own challenges. I hope tons of people play along!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

This is gorgeous! Love all your layers and terrific accents! BEAUTIFUL!!

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with this, MJ! You made this kinda hard colors sparkle!

Rhonda Kelly said...

I think you did fabulous. I think the colors lool fabulous together. TFS

Lisa Bohler said...

This is stunning! Super cute!

Lori said...

Love how you made the scalloped image into flowers--great idea! The build-a-brad is a perfect accent here.

Ida said...

Playing catch-up on the BCG commenting today. - What a fun card. I love the flowers and the build a brad (that is cute).