Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Easter Wishes.

The object of this card -which was a personal challenge to myself-was to make a Easter card with all current SU sets even though I have no current Easter sets! Hmmm, that took some thinking, lol. But I did it and I kind of like it. What do you think?



I know it looks like a simple card but there is really a lot going on with it. The little chick is from the Nursery Necessities set. The grass is from the stem in the Time Well Spent set. The pile of eggs and the main sentiment is from Loads of Love Accessories while Happy Spring is from Everyday Flexible Phrases. The base of the card is Wild Wasabi followed by Barely Banana and then a piece of the Blue Bayou dp. The focal image is done on Whisper White and layered on Barely Banana and Wild Wasabi. The scallops on the bottom were made with the scallop circle punch. Sentiment is stamped on Whisper White and punched out with the circle punch and layered on a Blue Bayou circle and than a Barely banana round tab punch left open. The little flowers and the dots are all free hand. Other supplies used were markers and ribbon. This was fun!

4 nice people left a comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I think you did a FABULOUS job! Very cute!
Diane

Judy H. said...

LOVE this MJ! You did an awesome job. I was wondering where that little duck was from - and I just got that set FREE today with my order! TFS! Judy H.

rozie640 said...

OH MY GOSH, absolutely love your bouncy paper pierced chick, your extra special medallion is thinking way out of the box! Love the scalloped edge on the bottom of your art piece, you did a fabulous job!

Stacy said...

That is VERY clever and creative! Love it!

Thanks for posting both my cards, Mary Jo! That was sweet of you. Still working on that scrapbook page, but scrapbook LOs don't come as easily to me as cards! lol