Thursday, January 10, 2008

Blogger's Challenge Week 29


This weeks challenge was to use the layout on page 37 of the new Stampin Up! catalog. (save the date card). My first thought was, yikes that is way too basic, lol. But now that the card is done I really like the clean look and the white is kind of refreshing. The colors are all inspired by this ribbon that I have had for way more than a year. I got it on clearance at JoAnn's I just loved the fun colors and knew I would be able to use it, of course I did not think it would take quite this long to do it! It was fun trying to created different textures for the different strips with out doing too much since it is such a simple image. The colors are Pumpkin Pie and Green Galore. The butterfly is from the new Time Well Spent hostess set and I colored it with markers and a aqua painter. The Life is Beautiful is from the Eastern Elegance Rub ons. Couldn't of been much easier. Thanks for checking in today, hope you have a terrific weekend! THANK GOD IT IS FRIDAY. ( almost, I am posting at 11pm on Thursday-close enough)

14 nice people left a comment:

Anita Van Hal said...

Beautiful card, Mary Jo! Love the ribbon too! You did a wonderful job with this challenge. I should maybe get busy with mine! LOL

Anita Van Hal
stampn@westriv.com
http://www.anitastamps.com

Nikki Bond said...

I can see why you like it! It turned out gorgeous! I love those colors together! Very springy! {SMILES}

Claudia Perry said...

That ribbon is so cute and cheery and just perfect for your card. Love it!
Claudia

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Very "happy" card, luv the colors.

Vicki G said...

WOW!!! WOW!!! That is SO cute!!! Just love everything about it!!!!!

Stefanie said...

Very pretty MJ! I love the pierced trail behind the butterfly. The bright colors are really fun today too considering it's dreary and raining at my house. ;)

Basement Stamper said...

definitely one I may have to CASE. Love the colors you used on it and the little butterfly trail!

Maria said...

You did beautifully Mary Jo! It's a basic layout but you managed to make it into much more than that!

Maybe I'll try out the layout and see what I can come up with! Looks like fun!

Maria

Pat Huntoon said...

Those flowers are COOL! As usual, wonderful work.

Lisa Bohler said...

Such a cute card! Love your color choices!

Amber Porter said...

Great card!! Love the colors!!!

Lori said...

Great job on the challenge. I like how you used the ribbon for inspiration.

Ida said...

Mary Jo...This is such a FUN card. That ribbon is so perfect and your color choices are so bright & cheerful. LOVE IT!

Lauren (mytime) said...

WOW! How summery and cheerful is that! Love it