Thursday, January 24, 2008

Blogger's Challenge 31

All I can think of when I look at this card is "wanted -- to be able to stamp today" Yikes it was a tough day. Only made two cards and although I like this one better than the last, it is not real what I wanted again. Oh well, we do get days like this and the best thing to do is go to bed and start again in the morning -- right after this post I am doing that!

This weeks challenge was to use the layout on page 141 of the Spring Summer Stampin Up catalog -- the welcome baby card. I had a horrible time trying to get a clear pictures, the horse is not that washed out looking in real life. I used the Wanted and Bronc Buster stamp sets along with the retired Outlaw designer paper. I also used Really Ruse, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel card stock. Other supplies: twine, brads, jumbo eyelets, circle punch, scallop circle punch, paper piercer, mat pack. Thanks for lookin, sorry about the bad MoJo day! Don't forget to check out all the other players on my sidebar. I am sure they have wonderful cards to share. Goodnight!

22 nice people left a comment:

Connie Babbert said...

Wow! Look at all that bling on there... Great job with this challenge! (and you certainly don't have bad mojo!)

Claudia Perry said...

Great Card - I LOVE the jumbo brads, what a great look!
Claudia

Ladystamper said...

Great take on the challenge! I like it!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderful card. The jumbo brads and the twine are fabulous embellishments for this design!

Nikki Bond said...

This set looks FABULOUS with this layout! I love it! GREAT JOB! {SMILES}

Lauren (mytime) said...

The the rustic/western look and feel. The twine is perfect.

Lisa Somerville said...

This weeks layout works perfectly with the images you used - love the jumbo eyelets and hemp!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great job putting this all together so (seemingly) effortlessly!

rozie640 said...

MJ, don't make me fly to NY and smack you silly. This card is awesome, I love what you did with those jumbo eyelets. I've owned them since they day they came out and finally used my first 3 on your sketch challenge. I like the look and really must use them all up! Your card has it all, fabulous layout, interesting textures, embellishments, it's front page magazine worthy!

Anonymous said...

Great challenge card--love all the brads!!

Leigh OBrien said...

Very cool...I like the big metal grommet thingies.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Oh...I want it! Clever clever clever, big brads are so cool.

Pat Huntoon said...

Well, MJ, your design sense really stands out here. From the grommets to the bradsd to the casual way the twine is wrapped...just great. Bad MoJo? No Way!

Anonymous said...

Just awesome! Love the twine and biggie brads!

Basement Stamper said...

Great card Mary Jo! I love the jumbo eyelets, I wish when I used them on a card they looked that good ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card. Great job!

Anita Van Hal said...

Wonderful work! Love your use of color, paper, and embellishments!

Anita Van Hal
stampn@westriv.com
http://www.anitastamps.com

Lori said...

I think this looks great. Love how you used the jumbo eyelets and the patterned papers. I had such a hard time using this set that I traded it away . . .

Lisa Bohler said...

I was so close to using this set, too! Love how you switched up the elements with the jumbo brads!

Karen said...

girl your mojo is there!! what a great card - love everything!!

Anonymous said...

Whoa! I love this card! One of my all-time favorite sets, and I've been grieving the retirement of this DSP too. Great card!

~Bev

Sue Davis said...

Oh MJ - I don't know HOW on earth you can have a stamping mojo problem... all your stuff is just gorgeous and fabulous. This card is especially awesome... I'd LOVE to have a few of YOUR 'down' days! haha.