Sunday, January 13, 2008

HB Kickstand.


This was my feeble attempt at creating a male birthday card that wasn't fishing or hunting or any of those other things that not all men are into. I figure everyone love a cupcake and if I don't jaz it up too much with glitter and other stuff it just may work. This type of card is called a kickstand card. Kind of like the opposite of a tent topper. I have made these before but they did not have an "official" name then, lol. Been a busy day as you can tell -- you should see the mess in my studio! YIKES!

Stamps: Big Deal Alphabet, Figures of Speech, It's Your Birthday
Paper: Le Jardin, Bashful Blue, River Rock, Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Ink: Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke,
Accessories: markers, scallop circle, circle punch, ribbon. non SU wheel, markers, dimentionals

2 nice people left a comment:

M.E. Greene said...

Having just recently tried this same thing (a masculine card without masculine stamps), I think yours is terrific. Mine were shabby, to say the least, but I'm still learning. I mean, really, anyone could use the good old standby "guy stamps" and make a masculine card, so where is the creativity in that? I keep telling myself that it's a good exercise in flowing the creative juices when I have to create something without the traditional resources. You never know what you'll end up with!

rozie640 said...

Very cute, love all the detail.