Thursday, January 24, 2008

So it didn't work out as planned!

(two more sketch challenge are posted at the end of this post so check them out)

Did you ever have a wonderful idea for a card but when you are finished you look at it and think "what the heck -- that is not anything like I was thinking! YUCK!" Well this is what happened to me today. I decided to do the Ways to use it challenge on SCS for today. I don't often participate in this particular challenge because it gets posted too late for me to find time, but today I had to be home arguing with phone companies on the phone so what the heck! The challenge was to use paint on your card (real paint not ink). I did learn a few things today though so maybe I will share them with you!

1. If you are going to emboss on acetate make sure it is the heat resistant kind!

2 I do not like silver and pink butterflies -- I mean what the heck was I thinking?

3. Don't try to create while being frustrated by employees -- it is not easy to be creative.

Not much but I thought I would share anyway, lol. Here is the result of the above.....



I painted on the back of a piece of acetate and then embossed the swirls on the front. I don't really want to look at this card too close to give you the rest of the details so if you have a question feel free to ask.

Stamps: Baroque Motifs, On Gossamer's Wings
Paper: Regal Rose, Purely Pomegranate
Accessories: acetate, brads, embossing powder, paint


The is some real creating going one elsewhere though that I want to share. Here are two more card for this weeks Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge!


Great job ladies, thanks for playing.

5 nice people left a comment:

Lynn Mercurio said...

You crack me up...this kind of thing (WHAT WAS I THINKING) happens to me more often than I would like to admit....lol

Unknown said...

Gosh, I think it turned out really pretty, it has a very 3D look to me, I really like it!
diane

Anita Van Hal said...

OMG! You crack me up as well! Thanks for giving me a good giggle! I needed it! I have set aside some unfinished card fronts myself, and a day or two later come back to them with the same thought, "what the heck was I thinking?" Actually some of the cards I've completed too...sigh...

rozie640 said...

MJ, i think the only problem here is the pink butterfly!!! I like the background and if you plucked that butterfly off and did something else it would be an improvement. I DO HIS ALL THE TIME. It's one of those "what's wrong with this" cards. A friend will come over with fresh eyes and say, pinch that butterfly off and add a flower and all of a sudden it works! JMHO

Anonymous said...

Hey, nice card. I agree with the others who said change out the butterfly. I WILL be trying this technique. Neither of the links worked for me though. :(